Lake Chelan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Chelan

This was taken at Safety Harbor Lake Chelan on Oct. 7,13. Lowel Lorenze was my cruzing partner. This was during the government shut down so we pretty much had the northwest end of the lake to our selves. We went up to Stahekin and everything was closed but we were able to raise the store keeper to let us in. She said she was told not to sell anything unless it was an emergency. We told her that it was an emergency that we got some beer so she sold us some emergency beer. Lowell even bought me an emergency hat for my birthday. As long as you told her it was an emergency she would sell it. Cool lady.2013-10-06 15.15.53.jpg
    Greg James

Was there any talk at the meeting about resurrecting the Stehekin event for NWCBC?? We would love to do it again, although with two toddlers that might be a bit too much still...
    Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
    1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Brian, I would love to do that again also. I will keep it in mind and maybe we will. The possibility of 5-6 ft., peaked, close together, breaking waves, makes me real nervous. Lowell experienced that one time. He has seen some pretty nasty stuff in the San Juans but said the only time he was scared was on Chelan. He said the biggest problem was getting into the Marina because he had to turn north into the northerly waves. It took him several attempts.
      Greg James

Comment

Speaking of Chelan, there is a picture from there taken at a Club cruise that I admire and have been wanting to know who shot it so that I can ask permission to use it......

Will the photographer please stand up.... Great shot!.

Thanks,

Tim aka The Red Barron

attached a couple pictures of yours truly water skiing at the state park, Chelan 1969
        Attached Files
        Last edited by McSkagit Tim Jones; 11-30-2014, 04:17 PM. Reason: added pictures
        Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Tim, Check your email. those pictures you wanted should be there. Titled photos you wanted.
          Greg James

Comment

Originally posted by GregJ View Post
            Tim, Check your email. those pictures you wanted should be there. Titled photos you wanted.
            Greg, Just checked it, but nothing as yet....... i got another message notification here on this site. From you requesting my email. I thought I sent it. I can't delete the notification....keeps coming back. Okay, I'll check my email again later...

Thanks,

Tim

Comment

Greg, As of Monday morning, still haven't received the pictures. I must have made a typo in the email address. I can't retrieve the message I sent you to check it. I'll try to send it again. Thanks for your effort on this.......

Tim

Comment

Tim, The email was sent on 11/28 @ 9:12. I will send you a personal message to let you know what email address we used.
                Greg James

Comment

Working...
                X