Guess what !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DMCI
    Two things I might add at this point from the perspective of 12 years after the operation:

1) Follow your doctor's recommendations as to postoperative procedures especially those involving diet and exercise.

2) your favorite expression should become: "No thanks, I'm trying to cut down". Example: Would You like Another Piece Of Apple Pie?

Like my dad used to say, "Any time you are this side of the turf, you are better off than the alternative." Congratulations on your successful operation!

Sure will Dave
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

That's good news Chuck. Laying around in that hospital is no fun. Take it day by day, and hug that little pillow when ever you get up. After about a week and a half you will be getting around much better. Take care.
      Steve Kiesel
      1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Hey Steve , yea i do know that works pillow quite a bit. Right now i'am waiting for other son to come up from LA tomorrow and and installed some new program in my new laptop. Have it set up in the dinning room on the table with a protect mat until i can go back down to my office.

Comment

Originally posted by Skagitguy View Post
          Hey Steve , yea i do know that works pillow quite a bit. Right now i'am waiting for other son to come up from LA tomorrow and and installed some new program in my new laptop. Have it set up in the dinning room on the table with a protect mat until i can go back down to my office.
          And, you forgot to say your going to be doing everything your doctor tells you too for a Quick recovery.
          Sure glad to see you on line Chuck........
          Helmar Joe Johanesen
          1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
          1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
          Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
          2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
          http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

So, Chuck. How about a update? Hope your doing better every day....?
            Helmar Joe Johanesen
            1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
            1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
            Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
            2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
            http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Joe, Went to the doctors and pass with flying colors and so i'am done with that part. Now back to the other two doctors.Kind of hard to get my words straight when i'am typing. (It must have been the Drugs !yep that's it ! ) yesterday i had a chance to get one of my past 17' ( not Rosario but another one ) that i sold about 4 years ago...Anyone know where there is a cabin hatch for a 1957-58 Skagit Express ? Drugs will do it every time ! Will keep the 20' I/O for a couple of years until we move.Chuck

Picture_028D.jpg

Comment

LoL...another boat! It must be the drugs! Glad to hear you're back to near 'normal' Chuck!

Comment

Chuck, If that is the boat that I swapped hatch covers with back then my old cover might be in the cuddy.
                  Greg James

Comment

Thanks, Will check with Greg.

Comment

Wow! Where have I been?

Originally posted by Skagitguy View Post
                      I'am Home ! !
                      Hi Chuck,
                      Glad to hear all went well. Didn't realize I'd been off this site for such a long time. No idea you were having surgery. Anyway, let me add my offer of help if I can be of service to you in any way. Of course, the offer is based on all the restrictions doctors keep placing on me. Still I'm looking down on the grass and, better yet, out across the water and up at the boat on the trailer in front of the house.
                      Hope by now you are back to your usual self and able to putter on boats.
                      Jerry
                      There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Chuck,

Glad to hear you are doing well after your surgery. I've been off the site for a few months while transitioning to a new job. I feel like a chump for not keeping up, especially knowing that you had some issues last time we connected! Obviously you aren't doing too bad if you bought another boat...

My new office is only a few miles from your place. After the holidays I'd love to come by for a visit if you can spare the time.

John
                        John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
                        Past Affairs:
                        '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Working...
                        X