Back home again ! !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back home again ! !

HAD A LITTLE SET BACK.......Back Home Again ! Went into the hospital before Christmas, 911 had to take me back again ! Kind of lost track of all the details, But sure glad to be home ! ! In January i have to have another operation....Shoot ! As far as the boat is concern it just sitting there besides the house in the shelter waiting for a better day to come later next year. Chuck
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Chuck, so sorry to hear about the set back. Rest up (no boogieing the night away for you tonight. Becky and I will be praying for your quick, complete recovery and that the next operation will be a piece of cake.
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Wholly Cow Chuck....
      I noticed you were not posting but I figured you were in healing up mode and holiday mode.
      Sorry you had to go back in but glad you did and at least home now....
      Helmar Joe Johanesen
      1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
      1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
      Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
      2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
      http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Jerry,Joe, I would not wish what i went thru on anybody ( triple heart bypass with all of the problems included ! I do have another operation in Jan and then that should be it. Just started therapy . They say i can start driving again soon ( that will make 2 months since i drove). Wow tomorrow i get to go to Lowes ! Christmas ....? what Christmas ? GregS stopped by the house when 911 was here ...nice to see him.

Comment

Chuck-
          Wow, another operation...hope it's a "small" procedure, then we can get you back to driving AND driving boats. Yeah, know that'll be more months. Great talking with you, nice to see your posts ! take it easy
          bruceb

Comment

I am just thankful that your still her Chuck!!!
            Hope you have a quick recovery too.
            Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Helmar said "I am just thankful that your still her Chuck!!!". Geez, you didn't have that operation did you?

All kidding aside Chuck, glad to see your doing well. Here's hoping things get better for you in the new year. Take care.
              Steve Kiesel
              1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Chuck! Man I was wondering...glad to see you're back! Sorry to hear you were down and out for a bit but after a few more waves the water will settle like glass. Hope to see you and the boat by Spring.

Comment

Kelly, I hope Spring,but i think it will be later on like June. The family is going to get together this coming Sunday Jan 4 to exchange Christmas present. That will be nice.The Doctor told me i could go back to work Jan 2nd as long as i work out of my house office...which i do anyway.

Comment

While this operation is quite common in today's world and generally ends with complete success, it is still major surgery and therefore as serious as (pardon the expression) serious as a heart attack. When you require this procedure you are considered very sick.

Following this operation you generally feel better than you have in years. There is therefore a natural tendency to act in such a way as to overstress yourself. Key thing is to not do so, but rather as I indicated previously to follow your doctor's instructions as to diet and exercise. I believe that Chuck's doctor is giving him permission to work in his office with the explicit understanding that he will not be over stressing himself. The five weeks without driving or physical work is to allow his sutures to heal without tearing them open.

I got a five-week vacation at this point because I couldn't drive. I spent most of the time sitting in a recliner with my computer on a TV tray. My mother had at the time full-time live-in nursing support, so they made her living room into a bedroom and her healthcare providers piggyback me for an extra charge per day.

Keep us informed as to how you are doing, Chuck.
                    Dave

14 Skagit Sportster Blue (formerly red)
                    16 Skagit Skimaster (blue)
                    17 Skagit

18 Skagit Runabout (1961?)

Comment

Chuck......You have been two quite. I sure all is on the upside of mending........
                      Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Hi Joe....to quiet ? Have been trying to get caught up on work. Today i order the 45 ft rub rail from Peter down in Los Angeles at WEFCO for the Skagit 20' 1959.Save about 10% off the non member price. Next will be the naming decals from Prism Graphics in Seattle. After that will have the windshield installed into the plastic frame. By then i should be able to installed the odds and ends onto the boat. The naming decals will be the easy part. Took the car out for the first time yesterday and saw GregJ at the mail box for a little while. Now to go rest up for a while. Thanks for asking ! Chuck

Comment

Chuck-
                          Ahhh, projects ! Sounds like some good progress ! take it easy, sir !
                          bruceb

Comment

Chuck you're still an animal!

Comment

Chuck last posted on this thread on the 7th. Messing about in boats until the end.

Going to be missed.
                              John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
                              Past Affairs:
                              '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Working...
                              X