Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's share some pictures of our friend "Mr Chuck Carey"...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's share some pictures of our friend "Mr Chuck Carey"...

...whether its a picture of him or his many boats and projects. Chuck shared many pictures with me and in our GSG community.

This picture he shared when we both owned Glasspar G3s at the same time.

This second picture is when we visited Chuck and Sheila at their home back in 2008. We are all from the GSG community. From left to right, Eduardo, Peggy, Bob, Chuck, and my wife, Mercedes.

Eduardo & Mercedes
    Last edited by Eduardo Leon; 01-19-2015, 06:20 AM.

Here's a few I shared with Ryan - Alder lake treasure hunt - Chuck looking at a ferry - When he got boarded by the Coast Guard. Didn't have a license and when I asked him why he said " It's Green this Year and does not go with the blue on the boat " Baker Lake with the Rosario and the Davis Craft that I bought from him. That boat is now retired in Anchorage Alaska on a Small lake in a heated boathouse. Also Marty and Chuck around Bainbridge Isl . I did not know his Childhood house was in the background when I took the picture .
    Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

I Can't figure out how to attach pictures on the new format ?? Maybe I'll try later
      Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

RBB Twosome.jpgChuck told me that this is his favorite. Chuck refurbished both boats. The boat on the left was the first one he did 18 years ago. It is a 1957 Skagit Express. I bought this boat from Chuck just after he finished it. I still own it. The one on the right is a 20 ft. Ferlon. He was especially proud of it. He hosted J.P. Patches and his wife on it during an opening day Parade.
        Greg James

Comment

IMG_3054.jpgChucks Ferlon (on the right) at the Laconner boat show a couple of years ago. He won the Peoples Choice award that year and the next.
          Greg James

Comment

Here's two I took of Chuck (in yellow) driving Don Lee's Ski Master on Mason Lake masonlk1.jpgmasonlk0003.jpgwith Greg James as co-pilot.....April 2006

Comment

Chuck and Greg again at the Tacoma Boat Show,March 2007, discussing not just 2 foot "itis", but I think 20 foot "itis".DSCN0715.JPGDSCN0716.JPG

Comment

Throttle down, hair back and having fun at Mason Lake 2014.

2014-09-13 12.09.45.jpg

Comment

The reason I put this as my avatar in the beginning is because it's one the only pic that has Chuck with his boat and me with my boat in the same shot. Thanks Brian for taking it!

KELLY-58-UNIFLITE-CHUCK.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by bham-rick View Post
                    I Can't figure out how to attach pictures on the new format ?? Maybe I'll try later
                    Hi Rick.
                    Its posted in the FAQ but a quick way is look above when you hit Reply or Reply with Quote and you see the second to the last little icon on the top here. It looks like a box with dots on each of the 4 corners. Click on that and another window will open for you.

Give that a try.
                    Helmar Joe Johanesen
                    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Chuck (left) and Paul, an early Skagit Plastics employee, standing in front of Chuck's beautifully restored and maintained "Rosario" at the La Conner Boat Show, 2007.
                      For those of you who might have just recently met Chuck, he had some very neat ideas of detailing his boats. He had upholsterers who made canvas covers for many items aboard his boats, such as his fuel tanks ,burgee masts,electronics, and he named them socks.Many conversations with Chuck would be interrupted with the question "did you make a sock for that, Chuck ?" Presently, my fine wife is making socks for the fuel tanks.....the plans carefully drawn up prior to Chuck's open heart surgery.
                      brucebDSCN1376.JPG

Comment

Greg James, would you have a pic of Chuck with the motorcycle helmet he used with the Rosario ?

Also, would anyone know the number of boats that Chuck restored ?

I can call up 3 Skagit 17s, 2 Skagit 20s, 1 G3, 1 Dorsett Farallon, 1 16' Dorsett runabout, 1 or 2 Skagit Ski Masters ( the Don Lee boat isn't included in that )
                        what boats are missing there ?
                        With each boat sold, he'd move on, or most likely have one sitting in the neighbor's lot, waiting......
                        In October I came across one of his earliest boats, a Skagit 17, owned by Stuart Cole, and sent him pics- he was excited that the boat had a new motor and a new purposeP1130400.jpg

Comment

Working...
                        X