Sunday South Sound

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday South Sound

Heading out this Sunday (25 Jan) from Swantown Marina in Olympia. It's supposed to be almost 60 degrees plus a King Tide at 16.8, which means be careful of debris in the water.

My wife and I are just going to take it easy and see if we can spot the South Sound Orca pod between Olympia and the Nisqually Reach. We might cruise up to JoEmma Beach to scope out the area from the water.

If anyone is interested in launching with us we'll launch at 10 a.m.

Had a nice time today. The fog finally lifted around noon and the water was like glass. Tipped my hat to the spirit of Chuck as we ventured north.

DSC_0009.JPG
    DSC_0016.2.jpg
    DSC_0048.2.jpg
    DSC_0063.2.jpg
    Last edited by Kelly; 01-26-2015, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Oh and traveled 40 miles on just under 5 gals.

Comment

Kelly,

I figured you would be out there yesterday! It was beautiful for sure. I spent both days in the shop working on cabinetry for the 404. As mild as the weather has been, though, I'm feeling the pinch to get everything wrapped up and the boat back together for what I hope will be a mid and early spring!
        John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
        Past Affairs:
        '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

I'm a little jealous of your trip. Driving south on Saturday and back north on Sunday all the water I passed looked beautifully flat... But I have the "honor" of displaying our boat at the boat show, therefore I have no way to enjoy this mild winter and glassy water we are experiencing.

Glad you got out and had a wonderful time!
          Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
          1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

John, glad to hear you're working on the 404...do you think it will it be completed this season?

Brian, I'm sure you're reppin' the fiberglassics very well! If the sun and temp didn't reach out yesterday, then we probably would have driven up to the show.

Comment

Finished this year? Bwahahahahahahah!
              Sorry, I couldn't help but bwahahahahahahahah!
              Sorry, it happened again.

Ok. I'm better now.

No, she won't be done this year. I'm finishing up the cabinetry and some trim work, re-mounting the down riggers and then wrapping up for the "Winter."

The weather has been too mild to not have the Girl ready to go. I'll pick up things here and there if I can but probably won't dig in deep until next fall, weather permitting.
              John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
              Past Affairs:
              '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly View Post
                Heading out this Sunday (25 Jan) from Swantown Marina in Olympia. It's supposed to be almost 60 degrees plus a King Tide at 16.8, which means be careful of debris in the water.

My wife and I are just going to take it easy and see if we can spot the South Sound Orca pod between Olympia and the Nisqually Reach. We might cruise up to JoEmma Beach to scope out the area from the water.

If anyone is interested in launching with us we'll launch at 10 a.m.
                Sweet Kelly
                Working on getting my shop back in order and will drag mine over to the shop for some quick work and hope to get her ready Sooner this year.
                I have always wanted to explore that area too. Really like the Shelton water access due to its rich history.
                Helmar Joe Johanesen
                1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Working...
                X