Well I did the unthinkable.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I did the unthinkable.....

I found a really nice 1979 140hp Merc Tower with power trim that I am going to put on the Uniflite this season. It only has about 10 hours on it since a complete rebuild. Cant believe I took the Homelite off but 55hp was just too light for my 19 footer and 85's are near impossible to find and I heard they were quite a pain to keep in tune. I know, I know the 140 is way overkill but.....

greetings nick what is the dry weight of the 140 hp,,,,,what does your 55 homelite weight

Comment

Well the tower is around 320lbs with the trim, and the Homelite is around 250. A bit heavier but not bad.

Comment

Whatever makes you happy and keeps you on the water!!! I would say, if you can afford to, keep the home light for when you want to do trolling or extended slow speed trips. Also, having the 4-stroke available would allow you to go on to lakes like Whatcom that has banned older 2-stroke motors...
        Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
        1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

I loved my dad's old 140...that thing was a beast! I'm looking for one also, but for the Skagit 20.
          I think you'll like the extra hp with your Uniflite. Looking forward to seeing some pics on the back of the boat!

Comment

Working...
          X