A Great outboard mechanic has passed.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Great outboard mechanic has passed.

Yesterday morning the boating community, especially the small vintage outboard community, lost a great mechanic. I know you guys didn't know him, but he was a friend of mine. When I first put an ad on Craigslist for a Bearcat, Ron responded and I called him and immediately we hit it off and talked boats and outboards for 45 mins. Off and on for the next year and a half we would text back and forth constantly and met up for lunch on several occasions. Having a friend like him was priceless as there are very few of my close friends that share the interest that I do. Ron is the guy that is in my Uniflite youtube video that I made last year.

Missing Chuck around these parts was bad enough, now to have this happen and right after I missed Chuck's funeral...well for lack of a better word, it sucks.

Sorry guys, I just had to vent a little. I took today off and went out on the lake and just stayed connected to the water.

Originally posted by Kelly View Post
    Yesterday morning the boating community, especially the small vintage outboard community, lost a great mechanic. I know you guys didn't know him, but he was a friend of mine. When I first put an ad on Craigslist for a Bearcat, Ron responded and I called him and immediately we hit it off and talked boats and outboards for 45 mins. Off and on for the next year and a half we would text back and forth constantly and met up for lunch on several occasions. Having a friend like him was priceless as there are very few of my close friends that share the interest that I do. Ron is the guy that is in my Uniflite youtube video that I made last year.

Missing Chuck around these parts was bad enough, now to have this happen and right after I missed Chuck's funeral...well for lack of a better word, it sucks.

Sorry guys, I just had to vent a little. I took today off and went out on the lake and just stayed connected to the water.
    Sorry for the loss of yet another good friend Kelly. I am not good with words when things like this happen.....Still its sad.
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Sorry to hear about Ron.

It's been a rough year for the boating community. Big reason I missed Chuck's funeral was due to my go-to baby sitters where busy with a baby shower and another memorial for one my dad's long time classic yacht customers.. Only 2 months into 2015 and it's not looking like a good year to be part of the classic boat world.
      Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
      1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Brian,

I'd say its a great year to be in the community. Being able to share and work through these things is what keeps us close and emphasizes our passion for classic boating and our value to each other. Better some shared grief vs no relationship.
        John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
        Past Affairs:
        '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

wow kelly sorry to hear about ron,,,,he would stop by my house/shop after going to seattle for medical treatments he helped me get my 1962 v 75 hp johnson running better did u know he worked as a motorcycle repair man at hinshaw honda for some years too he was a nice person to talk with about the boat hobby

Comment

Working...
          X