Sorry, Our Calendar of Events is still not working properly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry, Our Calendar of Events is still not working properly

One of the main keys to our club in the PNW was our Events. At least we had them all on one page so folks could look at the whole year of the events and plan on which ones they might be able to make.

It was pretty plain and simple, one page, event dates with description's, KISS mode (keep it simple stupid)
    Due to the advanced software and our main Russian Bogus website, we lost that.
    Now that most of our website is now a Forum run site, its hard to pull that off.

SO, I propose that we have a Webpage that is done up in Wordpress (programming software program) that will allow at least a Few Volunteers to help keep it current.
    What this will do is we have One button on the Forum website that says Events.
    We press on that button, it takes us to the web page that has a full year of events on it (Most being ACBS events right now) and IF, we get any Volunteers to Coordinate any New events, then in our discussion area, One of the Volunteers will be able to go in and Ad that to the Full Page of events for the Whole year.

I don't think we need the Calendar confusing anyone, find your own years calendar and use that.
    OR, we have one button that says Events and one button that says Calendar.
    How about this?

"Calendar" is nothing but a Calendar that you can go look to see whose birthday is coming up and maybe other Calendar related stuff.
    "Events" is nothing other than a Event Page that shows our Events selected for That year .
    This I might add has to work the same for Everyone, Members, Supporting Members as well Admin and Moderators..

I already have my hands full and pretty good chance not enough time to update our Events page.
    For someone wanting to do that, it will just require of Logging into the Website and Editing that page. I can do walk though instructions with pictures as so NO questions on how.

What say you
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

I agree. Keep it simple.
    17' Johnson Runabout (1964) Completed
    18' GlassCraft Imperial (1959) Done!
    19' Campion Bowrider (1999) Great family ski/tow boat
    25' Skagit (1960) Two of them. What am I thinking?
    14' Axtell Aquacraft (1950ish)
    14' Stilleto

Comment

I know we have several folks who loved the single event page cause it was easy to find, and print! I say if there is anyway to bring that back, let's do it!
      Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
      1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Working...
      X