Snohomish river Run

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snohomish river Run

Will post this here in hopes of contacting more people. The run is next Saturday. 10:00am at the Marysville boat launch. Need to know who's coming and who's bringing boats. Please post and let us know. I believe Ingvar is in charge so post questions to him. Took my 17ft Skagit out of my shop today. Needs trailer and boat license, 40 gallons of gas, new fuel filters, get the motor running, and whole lot of scrubbing to get it ready. Wish me luck. Let us know if you have plans to come to the Snohomish. Clint

Clint and Ingvar, I am planning to be there with the red boat and the 2.5 year old��! But I will be launching at Langus Park up River as I don't want to be pulling the boat out in saltwater. I am planning to be in the water around 10 so that I am ready when the group cruises by the park. If something changes I will post back here.
    Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
    1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Im not coming to this event since I don't seem to know what day it is anymore. I went last Saturday. The thunder chief is still there. there is a dorsett at the south end of steamboat slough with some home modifications. I went to take a photo and my passenger informed me there was no film left. when will I learn. There were safety inspections done on all boats launching at mega launch and Langus. We went to langly for pizza and came back Sunday morning. I still didn't see anything wrong at Langus I did see broken piles on the north shore at Snohomish there near shore where you would expect them.

Comment

John, glad you went and had a good time. Sorry about the date confusion. Clint and Ingvar are just trying to get as many folks as they can to make it more fun for everyone. They had posted on the original event post that the date was changing to the 27th but I guess we, as a club, need to work on a phone directory so we can contact folks directly when dates or event details change... I'm sure you're not the only one who may be caught off guard by changes made via forum posts. We don't all have the ability to check the forums multiple times a day.

I sincerely hope you change your mind and decide to come back over for the cruise this Saturday (June 27th). It's not much but I'll throw in some cash to help offset the fuel costs of making the run twice!
        Brian Flaherty

Comment

BTW, I sent an open invite to the ACBS-PNW members, via email so probably 85% will see it, in hopes that perhaps a few of the more active and adventurous folks might come play with us! I know there are several folks in that club that are itching for organized events as most of their typical June/July events have been canceled due to crazy low water levels and park ownership changes😕
          Brian Flaherty

Comment

John-
            Sorry we had a mis-understanding on the date, I'll pitch in on fuel like Brian, if you'd like to make the run again.
            I'll be using the launch in downtown M 's ville, known as the Ebey Waterfront Park. Will also view using Google maps as to the slough in relation to Snohomish River and make drawings to hand out. We'll be using VHF ch. 69 as well as strips of paper with our cell #s we'll share at the ramp- Brian, we'll get your # from the radio.
            Instead of going to an expensive restaurant, it's been suggested we'd all pack picnic lunches to match our respective "diets", raft together for snacksFidalgo Island 2009001.jpg. And since it'll be scorching hot Saturday, we may tailor our day depending..... lots of sunscreen, hats, water, few restroom/head options....
            bruceb

Comment

Originally posted by John Nelson View Post
              Im not coming to this event since I don't seem to know what day it is anymore. I went last Saturday. The thunder chief is still there. there is a dorsett at the south end of steamboat slough with some home modifications. I went to take a photo and my passenger informed me there was no film left. when will I learn. There were safety inspections done on all boats launching at mega launch and Langus. We went to langly for pizza and came back Sunday morning. I still didn't see anything wrong at Langus I did see broken piles on the north shore at Snohomish there near shore where you would expect them.

Yes, Sorry John.
              From now on, I hope to have several people that can update the Events Page here.
              http://www.classicboatclub.com/conte...-Event-Listing

For others, on the top of our menu you should see Events. If clicked on that, it should take you to the Events Page above.
              Helmar Joe Johanesen
              1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
              1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
              Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
              2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
              http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Not your guys fault I wasn't paying attention.

Comment

I may make the trek way up there on Saturday. I'm still on the fence but if I do go I'll launch at Ebey Park.

Comment

Kelly-
                    that would be great if you can make it. I'm pretty sure I'll launch at Langus now, as I did a run by there today about 11 am as well as Ebey launch. Since the tide is coming off the low, and it looks like we may not have a "seasoned pro" at the sloughs with us, launching at Langus looks more safe. There's little dock space to hover at Langus, so we'll most likely get our boats all ready to go and try to get out at the same time. So, right now looks like 11 am at Langus. $7 cash in an envelope for launch fee.
                    Stay tuned to this thread for changes, please !
                    bruceb

Comment

As of right now, I am forced to cancel due to the high temps and not having any way to get my 2.5 year old out of the sub on our open ski boat... However, I just double checked forecast and the temps are now down to 88 which is far more manageable than the previously forecasted 96!

I'll post if something changes but at this point it doesn't look good for the red boat...
                      Brian Flaherty

Comment

This meet should have happened 2 weeks ago when originally scheduled, not "re-adjusted".
                        I will not be there on the "Snohomish Ruver" Saturday....
                        bruceb

Comment

What the heck is happening?

Comment

Originally posted by bruceb View Post
                            This meet should have happened 2 weeks ago when originally scheduled, not "re-adjusted".
                            I will not be there on the "Snohomish Ruver" Saturday....
                            bruceb
                            Did I mess up again ?
                            I will go to looking and see.
                            I did see we are having a issue with our Gallery but Ed is gone this week so I will add this to the fix-its please for him.

Here is the link to the Events.
                            I was trying to get it setup to where Any Supporting Member can add or edit events that I have on this page.
                            I am not very good with the descriptions and I think that is really important to "market", "sell", "promote" the events.

We have no phone tree to use so once on the river and you are trying to hook up, use Channel 69 on your VHF radios.

(Clint, I tried the email you with information I have in your profile, tried to call and even did a test message, email me and I will send my phone number, maybe update your profile?)
                            Helmar Joe Johanesen
                            1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                            1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                            Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                            2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                            http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

I am going to try and see if I can come solo! If Michele is up for a half day with the boys I should be able to swing it... I know Ingvar is still going, Kelly? Anyone else??

I haven't heard squat from inviting the ACBS-PNW group but maybe some show up at the ramp...
                              Brian Flaherty

Comment

Working...
                              X