Summer 2K15

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer 2K15

Well I thought I would post up and see what everyone has been up to this past summer. I'm playing catch up and don't see a lot of new stuff happening.

When I've been home we've taking the Uniflite out a lot! Sunset cruises in the Sound, meet ups with family in Commencement Bay, watched the US Open from the water as we suddenly were surrounded by hundreds of others (mostly protesters)...I even put the rails back on the boat and added rod holders and have taken the Uni out twice chasing salmon in the Nisqually Reach area. We loaded up and went out to Lk Washington and watched the Blue Angels up close and personal.

Good times for sure. Lots of pics yet to be moved around. Will post them later.

This was my first summer with a boat in 38 years, but once it was up and worthy, I spent many days off this summer on the water. I live right on the Columbia River in Wenatchee, so home to pulling away from the launch is under 20 minutes. Girlfriend and I took many evening cruises to shoot pictures. Managed to get my 53 yr old butt up on water skis, behind my 55 year old boat and it's 51 year old motor, pulled the kids on tubes. We toured Lake Chelan (about a 70 mile day), and overall had a great time. Was fortunate enough to meet up with Brian and share a day on the Snohomish River too. No winterizing yet, but the days sure are cooler, and evening boating is loosing it's appeal.

Winter projects to include installing the NOS Homelite Controller, adding an ammeter, and hopefully restoring the TeeNee to go under her.

Dave Riker

Comment

Other than the Snohomish with Dave, we've only been out a few times on Lake Whatcom (3 blocks from home)... We've had a lot going on with family, kiddos, weddings, etc... But we are signed up to go along with ACBS from Chelan to Stehekin for a big ranch-style dinner October 1st before the rest of them go into Chelan for Mahogany and Merlot (should be able to get some spectacular pics of boats running in front of the char covered hills of West Chelan).

I did take the boat east in August for a guy's weekend at Potholes (it was the weekend that I-90 got shut down due to zero visibility in a dust storm! Yeah, we weren't on the water that day but two people slept in the boat for wind protection). Met a nice skier who really wanted to ski behind our Cavalier Ski Boat (he claimed it was a better salom boat than his $50k Mastercraft X-15!)

Then last week I went to the ACBS board meeting at the Hydroplane and Raceboat Museum in Kent, got to see some new projects, old projects and even made arrangements to recreate a childhood photo of me sitting in the freshly restored cockpit of the Slo-Mo-Shun III (going to take big son down to the museum and get his picture in the same boat!)

Otherwise it's been all indoor boating for us...
      Attached Files
      Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
      1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Been a busy summer for me, took the family to the Oregon coast for a week camping. Trying to start my kitchen remodel. Too many fires around here to do too much. Only had the boat out a couple times through the summer. But did take it out but did take her out fishing quite a few times here in the last couple weeks, we really sacked up the Blueback. That Merc 150 I'm running now is a bit much, easily pushes the old Uni past 35 before i get scared and back out, but I don't recommend much more than about 30 before she gets a bit uncomfortable.

Comment

Working...
        X