Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick update

Hi folks.

I had a interesting surprise yesterday. One of our Members happened to be in Vancouver (lives up in Port Gamble) and called. He drove all the way down to Veneta to see the new place we got. Thanks John Nelson for the visit !!!

Also something else.
    Seems that I have messed up our Facebook page were I have to Ok people....Not sure how to open it up but if anyone has any interested in joining, I will sure go work on it.
    What brings this up is I just happen to notice our Sister Club down in California and there fasebook page is really jumping...Congrats to them !!

Here is there link.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/GSGBoats/
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Northwest Classic Boat Club on Facebook? I looked on Facebook to see if there is any activity from this group there. I found one post of mine and that's it. Do we have or should we have a presents there? I think we should have a page there. If there is one, I sure can't access it.

I joined a group on Facebook, Rolling Oldies Vintage Trailers. I joined to gain access to info about fixing up my Argosy trailer. It's a really active group; sort of reminds me of this group ten years or so back.

Northwest Classic Boat Club needs a shot in the arm to generate new interest in classic small boats. Anyone agree? Is there anyone out there? test test......is this thing on?

Tim aka McSkagit
    Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Tim I am still out here. Sue and I drive through South Bend some weekends. Allan
      1958 Dorsett Farallon
      1959 Bellboy Ballerina

Comment

Originally posted by McSkagit Tim Jones View Post
        Northwest Classic Boat Club on Facebook? I looked on Facebook to see if there is any activity from this group there. I found one post of mine and that's it. Do we have or should we have a presents there? I think we should have a page there. If there is one, I sure can't access it.

I joined a group on Facebook, Rolling Oldies Vintage Trailers. I joined to gain access to info about fixing up my Argosy trailer. It's a really active group; sort of reminds me of this group ten years or so back.

Northwest Classic Boat Club needs a shot in the arm to generate new interest in classic small boats. Anyone agree? Is there anyone out there? test test......is this thing on?

Tim aka McSkagit
        Hi Tim.

On Facebook or on our blog ?? (Its on, just slap the side of it like the old TV's or Radios when the tubes would loosen up ;-)
        I was pretty sure I opened up our Facebook page as so its public and not privet..
        Can someone give it a try please.

The only posts on our facebook page is Paul and I..

I agree, a good shot in the arm would be nice but More than Open for Suggestions on how.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/951287914935508/
        Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Originally posted by Chelan View Post
          Tim I am still out here. Sue and I drive through South Bend some weekends. Allan
          Its good to know its not only me on here

Good to see your still here too !!
          Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

I'm still here... Just didn't get to boat much in 2015... Hoping to improve that for 2016!!
            Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
            1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Regarding FB.. Your link works but if I try to search for it from my Facebook app, I get nothing about our group? I definitely think we need to get a presence on there, even ACBS-PNW has an active Facebook page and they've gotten at least 3 new members in 2015 because of that page alone!! Plus, it's free!!!

As I supporting "behind the screnes" advisor I would volunteer to keep an eye on the FB page if you give me access to edit/manage it..
              Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
              1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Bflaherty View Post
                Regarding FB.. Your link works but if I try to search for it from my Facebook app, I get nothing about our group? I definitely think we need to get a presence on there, even ACBS-PNW has an active Facebook page and they've gotten at least 3 new members in 2015 because of that page alone!! Plus, it's free!!!

As I supporting "behind the screnes" advisor I would volunteer to keep an eye on the FB page if you give me access to edit/manage it..
                Hey Brian...I will go look at it and try to figure out how I set it up.
                I am afraid I just Added a group to my own facebook account ?...Not sure but going to look as I Really like your idea...

Well, crap..... I seen I still had to approve you but all the settings are Public.
                What I am afraid of is, access to the darn thing has to be the same username and password I use for my other accounts.

I am still looking to try to figure it out.

Update.
                Brian, I just made you a Admin which should give you all the same things that I can see.

I still don't understand much about this facebook thing myself but still not sure as it said Public but I still had to approve you as a new member ?? I don't understand that either.
                I also messed up when I created it as I made it private but changed it right away to Public. Wonder if that has anything to do with it.

I will start plugging in a bunch of Event photos to help kick us off.
                Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

I too just followed the link provided and found the page and asked to join. Says "Pending". Okay, I agree, Facebook is (will be) an important link to new members.

I just got home after three days on the boat (in January)! As I was backing into the slip the other day, I was met by Steve Hayes...new member here. Steve showed me pics of his Skagit 20 Off Shore. Nice looking and rare model with twin Bearcat 55's.

I'll post pics of my recent cruise in a day or so. I bought diesel fuel at Cap Sante for $1.80 a gallon. Didn't think I'd ever see that price again.... NICE!

Okay, let's get that Facebook page up and accessible by all.....

Thanks for all the effort...

Tim aka McSkagit
                  Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Originally posted by McSkagit Tim Jones View Post
                    I too just followed the link provided and found the page and asked to join. Says "Pending". Okay, I agree, Facebook is (will be) an important link to new members.

I just got home after three days on the boat (in January)! As I was backing into the slip the other day, I was met by Steve Hayes...new member here. Steve showed me pics of his Skagit 20 Off Shore. Nice looking and rare model with twin Bearcat 55's.

I'll post pics of my recent cruise in a day or so. I bought diesel fuel at Cap Sante for $1.80 a gallon. Didn't think I'd ever see that price again.... NICE!

Okay, let's get that Facebook page up and accessible by all.....

Thanks for all the effort...

Tim aka McSkagit

I am not a fasebook person and have no idea on why its needing me to Ok things. Its supposed to be Open to the public ???

Anyway, gave Brian Admin status and hope we just don't have to start over. But if need be, so be it. I would just like to see it work right.

I am So glad the fuel cost is down, Filler up Tim !!!
                    Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Working...
                    X