Wanted, Event coordinators and New Members

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted, Event coordinators and New Members

We are looking for folks that might have a classic older boats for one and then people that would like to coordinate a boating event.
    Coordinating a event is not a easy job and some times fail due to weather conditions.

Events:
    This can be done in several ways.
    1. The easy way being, if you have a boating trip or place you like to go, know the area, know the launch fees, locations, whats available in the area, camping or lodging and sites to see, its easy. You just share that information with me and others.

2. If you know of a place or group were we can Join in with someones event that they have coordinated, we can contact them, find out if we can join up with them. ( We have been invited to join with our friends, ACBS events)

3. One of the harder ones is the New exploration. Example, I would like to have a Columbia River event as were we launch in several possible places, we motor down the Columbia River to Astoria and back.. One would need to know of some of the places we can get fuel, lodging, places to tie up for the night and what is available. Lots of times we find many places that are just like RV Camping parks that are for Boats. So the new exploration can be a little tricky as some times we need to explore a new event maybe with a buddy to share with.

This is not a new club, we started some time ago with a good amount of old time boaters that have either joined that great boating exploration in the sky or have gone on to other interests. Thankfully, most of our original members have just moved on to other venues such as Classic Camp trailers to name one.

So, looking for interest in boating events which tend to be in areas were we have lots of members that can join in.

As a quick recap of all of this and to setup and Coordinate a event, it take phone calls, making sure other events are not planed at the same place and time that we choose. If its tidewater, one would have to check the tide table to make sure folks could launch at a given time. We would also want to know what is available, are there picnic tables, cover, places to explore.
    So, if you have a favorite place that you take your boat that you would like to share with others, this might be for you.

It takes promoting the event too. If its a older event that some of older Glassic boaters have been on and want to share again, Pictures Picture Pictures. People like to see Lots of pictures of past events. This also draws the new boaters that might be lurking in the back ground (we have Lot of those folks too
    I am here to do what I can and will help.

Any interest as Spring Is Coming
    Attached Files
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Helmar,

I've been away from the forum for a while. Chuck's passing last year kind of got me in the classic boat downers and I must admit, I've been avoiding coming back here. However, I'm ready to jump back in. And what better way to do that then to host an event. We talked last year a bit about me doing a Poulsbo/Bremerton sort of cruise. Poulsbo is a great boating destination and would be a good meet up/finish place. Plenty of good food, walk around areas, and even one beach that can hold a few boats.

I've never done one of these, though, so I may ask for some advice on coordinating the timing with the marinas in question, etc.
    Need to due up so I can look at and post the event to the event calendar. Look for that in the next few days.

John
    John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
    Past Affairs:
    '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Originally posted by TheBronze View Post
      Helmar,

I've been away from the forum for a while. Chuck's passing last year kind of got me in the classic boat downers and I must admit, I've been avoiding coming back here. However, I'm ready to jump back in. And what better way to do that then to host an event. We talked last year a bit about me doing a Poulsbo/Bremerton sort of cruise. Poulsbo is a great boating destination and would be a good meet up/finish place. Plenty of good food, walk around areas, and even one beach that can hold a few boats.

I've never done one of these, though, so I may ask for some advice on coordinating the timing with the marinas in question, etc.
      Need to due up so I can look at and post the event to the event calendar. Look for that in the next few days.

John
      Hi John.
      Its good to hear from you again and Yes, that would be a really fun event.
      Maybe a little history about Poulsbo might help a little.
      Another one would be around Bainbridge too. Something to take up a day at least

Here is how its been and could be. Replace the word Ride with Event...It Will get better but all it takes is just a couple of people to make it a good time.
      Attached Files
      Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

John, I felt the same way after Chuck's passing. He is still missed but he would want us all to continue our classic boating adventures. I'm glad you're wanting to get something going. I tried and while there were only two boats, it was still fun (until my engine had issues)...
        Either way, if 1 or 100 other boats show, it will be worth it just to cruise again with someone else. I will try and make it to whatever events are happening but I'm starting a new career and my weekends will be during the middle of the week for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly View Post
          John, I felt the same way after Chuck's passing. He is still missed but he would want us all to continue our classic boating adventures. I'm glad you're wanting to get something going. I tried and while there were only two boats, it was still fun (until my engine had issues)...
          Either way, if 1 or 100 other boats show, it will be worth it just to cruise again with someone else. I will try and make it to whatever events are happening but I'm starting a new career and my weekends will be during the middle of the week for now.
          Well, legal holidays might open up a weekend, who knows. Good to have you back.
          I think its time to try to bring in some fresh blood that wants to learn how to keep the classics going and take them out and enjoy them. Stuff's getting better.
          Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

How about we try something different other than asking for Event Coordinators.

The thing in the past that would be upsetting is trying put together a event and have it rained out.

How about we just Share outings ?

I will work on a quick, down, dirty instructions on how to post it to the calendar of events.
            Or, contact me, I could put it on the calendar.

Let say your planing on a outing at a lake or even a fishing trip some place. If you posted this even a week in advance, others might like to show up.
            That would give us an excuse to hit the water and as Ingvar would say, turn some props.

Of, if your interested in exploring a area, post the question of who might know that area and see if anyone is interested.

Never the less, if others show up, Great, if not, oh well, just do what you were planing on, fishing or whatever.

This might help getting some of us together for boating.

Thoughts ?
            Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

It's been a tough year or two for sure. Knock on wood but I hope to have the gremlins out of the Bearcat for the season. I'm always on the water so it's never a problem if folks want to drop in at Black Lake in Tumwater. I have a big enough dock to hold quite a few boats. I'm now off on Mondays/Tuesdays and will be up for a South Sound cruise anytime soon!
              I'm tempted to visit Boston Harbor tomorrow and see if I can catch that fellow with the big ol' Skagit

Comment

We need to Test and Tune our boats too so even a get together for that would work.
                Maybe a weeks notice is all.
                Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Working...
                X