FREE!! Trailer Boat Magazine collection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FREE!! Trailer Boat Magazine collection

So while working the ACBS-PNW booth at the Seattle Boat Show we were given a box of "Trailer Boat Magazine" almost every issue all the way back to mid '80's!! Would anyone be interested in having these? Perhaps someone could scan them into a digital library we could have on the website or forum?? Or you can try and sell them somehow...

Let me know pronto! The ACBS show coordinator so willing to hang on to them for a few days to see if there is any interest... Otherwise they will probably be recycled 😕
    Attached Files
    Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
    1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Originally posted by Bflaherty View Post
    So while working the ACBS-PNW booth at the Seattle Boat Show we were given a box of "Trailer Boat Magazine" almost every issue all the way back to mid '80's!! Would anyone be interested in having these? Perhaps someone could scan them into a digital library we could have on the website or forum?? Or you can try and sell them somehow...

Let me know pronto! The ACBS show coordinator so willing to hang on to them for a few days to see if there is any interest... Otherwise they will probably be recycled 
    I am sure that the same thing happened to all of the 50's and 60's stuff at one time and now they are gone.

I think we, the club, should have those and I would even be willing to scan all that stuff in myself.
    But, we don't have enough club funds left for even the shipping right now so unless someone else feels the same as I do, this stuff will just be lost like most of our 50's and 60's stuff was.
    Well, of course, some folks saved some of those things and sell the page ads on eBay anyway.

Wish I was closer to you Brian, but Eugene is a tad bit of a run for it.
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Joe, as long as there is a desire to save it, then Ron is willing to hold on to it (provided he knows that some time this year it will leave his garage!)

I know ACBS is trying to put together another Mayfield lake event so maybe we can get some NWCBC guys together there and make the exchange!
      Brian Flaherty

Comment

Joe, as long as there is a desire to save it, then Ron is willing to hold on to it (provided he knows that some time this year it will leave his garage!)

I know ACBS is trying to put together another Mayfield lake event so maybe we can get some NWCBC guys together there and make the exchange!
        Yes, things like that need to be digitally saved, if not, it goes away. I now have a place to put things like that and process them.

I like the idea of being at Mayfield as its fresh water which means everyone can show up (well, except Tim Jones) and enjoy that Beautiful lake. What we called the Grove, that is such a wonderful place to visit.

OH, can you do me a favor, get me the ACBS events list for this year and I will get it posted in our Events area...

That would be Way cool for us to get at least Mayfield on the books so some of can drag our stuff out and use it. Hope you can get a list.
        Not sure about Ingvar as the last time I was talking to him, he was not doing well. He had lists that were kind of crude but still, had lists of events to join in on. Get those props wet he would say
        Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

I can get you the current list of events but I know Mayfield is not on it. The mayfield event is a joint venture between both the PNW and Willamette chapters so they have to work out schedules that work for both groups (usually don't know details till we get closer) I know last year they did September but they may pump it up this year to get more participation.

I worked the boat show with Ingvar and he seemed to be doing ok? His lists are always crude but he one of the few folks who still take actual notes during meetings and conversations!!
          Brian Flaherty

Comment

I can get you the current list of events but I know Mayfield is not on it. The mayfield event is a joint venture between both the PNW and Willamette chapters so they have to work out schedules that work for both groups (usually don't know details till we get closer) I know last year they did September but they may pump it up this year to get more participation.

I worked the boat show with Ingvar and he seemed to be doing ok? His lists are always crude but he one of the few folks who still take actual notes during meetings and conversations!!
            Glad you hooked up with Ingvar and he is doing ok, us old guys are starting to drop like flies.

Anything that I can put on the events page will be nice and Yes as I have been in contact with the ACBS boys down in Oregon and we are welcomed with open arms.
            It would be nice to make it a Big event in case people want to camp or stay over. We might make it two days no matter what up there.
            Email me the list of what you have so far if you can.
            Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Working...
            X