Dorsett owner!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dorsett owner!

Just before Chuck Carey died I "purchased" a 1957 Dorsett Saratoga from him. His family was kind enough to allow me to store it at the house. I have brought it home sort of...it is in my neighbors RV spot. Chuck had sanded it down already so I am just waiting for the weather to change so I can do an inspection. As it sits it is a tough looking boat that should produce a nice ride. It has all of the interior which looks brand new. I am looking for a proper WSF name for this one, Chuck would be proud. One other thing. There is a Skagit windshield that his family tossed into the boat and requested I use it or let you all know about it. I no longer have a Skagit so if you need one let me know. I believe it is a split window probably from a 1957. Let me know if you need it. Free is a good price!

Greg Silcox
    Attached Files

Originally posted by GregS View Post
    Just before Chuck Carey died I "purchased" a 1957 Dorsett Saratoga from him. His family was kind enough to allow me to store it at the house. I have brought it home sort of...it is in my neighbors RV spot. Chuck had sanded it down already so I am just waiting for the weather to change so I can do an inspection. As it sits it is a tough looking boat that should produce a nice ride. It has all of the interior which looks brand new. I am looking for a proper WSF name for this one, Chuck would be proud. One other thing. There is a Skagit windshield that his family tossed into the boat and requested I use it or let you all know about it. I no longer have a Skagit so if you need one let me know. I believe it is a split window probably from a 1957. Let me know if you need it. Free is a good price!

Greg Silcox
    Hi Greg.
    Kind of hard to just walk away from these old Classic boats.........I have tried to thin them out several times and just can't bring myself to let these old girls go to the saw or smasher.
    I keep thinking, once these old girls are gone, thats it, Gone is Gone !!

I remember that the windshield he had was for the 20 I think and if Jeff Ult? is still around, Jeff needed a windshield. I have his old email address, might try that.

Do you have the windshield for that boat ?? and Yes, that boat will ride so much better than the Skagits and Bell Boys its not funny.
    Those hulls were designed to run down in the San Francisco Bay area were its Chop Chop Chop all the time.

I have Chucks Dorsett Catalina that is on my list of restorations.
    I am so stuck on these Bearcat motors, that I am going to run a Bearcat on the back of the Catalina.

I Have to thin out some of my boats but just love working on them more than running them it seems. Sounds goofy but I do
    I am thinking of letting the Uniflite go after I get the 20 Skagit Off shore back in the water.

I also have two other boats up at John Nelsons place that I might bring down some day too (Now living in a little town west of Eugene Oregon called Veneta) as there are fresh water lakes All over this place and Close too. I must be 10 minutes away from Fern Ridge which is a fun one.

I will post some pictures of them as its been so long since I have talked to you.

First one is the Unflite 17.
    Then my 20 Off shore,
    Then you remember my little Skagit hard top.
    Then the Dorsett Catalina.

I still have the Bell Boy too.
    Attached Files
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

I keep in touch with Jeff Ault so I will call him. I see your boat farm is doing well! I like the looks of that Uniflite. I do have the windshield for my boat although I may cut it down just a bit. It is good to stop in here and chat with my old friends. I will do a better job this year of keeping in touch.

Comment

If Jeff dosent want the windshield Ill come for it. I send my number in private messages.

Comment

Hi John, it is a windshield frame. You can have it if you want it.

Greg

Comment

Working...
          X