Skagit and Dorset burgees??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skagit and Dorset burgees??

Does anyone have an original Skagit and/or Dorset burgee an ACBS member could borrow for reproduction??

We have a club member who runs a business making reproduction burgees for all the old manufacturers and he is getting a lot of requests for Skagit and Dorset but he has no info on those...

Also, is anyone on here interested in purchasing a new burger for their boat?? He and his crew can make almost any manufacturers burger in a variety of sizes and styles!!

Thanks!

Post here, or send a PM, or text me @ 4-two-5-two-1-eight-9-nine-9-seven (I hate spammers, this was really hard to type out)
    Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
    1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Originally posted by Bflaherty View Post
    Does anyone have an original Skagit and/or Dorset burgee an ACBS member could borrow for reproduction??

We have a club member who runs a business making reproduction burgees for all the old manufacturers and he is getting a lot of requests for Skagit and Dorset but he has no info on those...

Also, is anyone on here interested in purchasing a new burger for their boat?? He and his crew can make almost any manufacturers burger in a variety of sizes and styles!!

Thanks!

Post here, or send a PM, or text me @ 4-two-5-two-1-eight-9-nine-9-seven (I hate spammers, this was really hard to type out)
    Brian, if you search the forum you will see I have at least 5 of the newer ones left for sale, And, I might have one of the ordiginal ones that is faded out but hey, its should work I will go look for it.
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

The original would be best so he can get exact measurements and fonts.. But I suppose the new one might work as well...
      Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
      1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Bflaherty View Post
        The original would be best so he can get exact measurements and fonts.. But I suppose the new one might work as well...
        I am not sure were the original one is at the moment but I do remember that Marty had those made up in that little shop in Port Townsend.

I can ask Marty if he has the original art too.
        Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

I need one! Or two...

Comment

Not trying to get technical, but burgees are for yacht clubs and pennants are for boat brands/builders.
            Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

I definitely need two pennants now!

Comment

Check out craigslist seattle boat parts Yahama . 2003 yahama 80 2200 Stanwood and 1991 mercury 100 1500 elbe. 20s are hard to paddle.

Comment

Originally posted by McSkagit Tim Jones View Post
                  Not trying to get technical, but burgees are for yacht clubs and pennants are for boat brands/builders.

I am glad that we have a few folks that can educate the rest of us on things like this Tim.

Kelly, I gave you all the stuff for that Zazzle site to create things but all we I think are the classicboatclub.com pennants on there.
                  Marty on the other hand, had a few others on his Zazzle site that he was sharing but we can put on and create whatever we want.

The real Skagit provider on shirts and hats was Bruce. (I still have my Skagit hat Bruce but as you know, I have had it for Years and its now worn out now)
                  Not sure if this is a sore spot or not but I myself would be interested in the Skagit Pennants and other things and the club is not tied to Zazzle for products.
                  Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

I'll go back and check on the zazzle stuff...

Comment

I'll hold a Skagit pennant/burgee for you, Kelly !

Comment

Awesome! Thanks Bruce!

Comment

Working...
                        X