Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What it's all about...

New friends and old friends.

There I was, sitting there full of small victories. I just bought a used 19' galvanized trailer that was in decent condition, for certain usable, and paid a great price for it. It was destined to have my Skagit sitting atop and ready to take it to new places. I cleaned off some of the flakes that the salt leaves behind, and was thinking of different configurations that I could do with the trailer. After studying the trailer in greater detail it hit me like a ton of bricks! The trailer wasn't going to work. Not for the Skagit anyway.
    In my opinion the trailer was sitting too low to the ground and there wasn't a keel roller nor fwd bunks to support the boat. Hmmm, we'll that was a waste of time and money. So back to Craigslist I go...
    Fast fwd to yesterday morning. While having my morning snack before work I notice an ad for a non-running 20' boat on a nice galvanized trailer. Hmmm (again)... I make the call. The gentleman tells me all about the boat and I politely listen. I can tell he had some great memories in the boat. He tells me I'm the first to call (ad was only up for 20 mins at this point) and I explained my crazy work schedule and wasn't sure when I could be there (2 1/2 hrs away). He agreed to give me a day to figure it out.
    "Who the heck do I know that lives that far north?" I thought as I was going through my phone contacts. "Aha! Bruce!" When I spoke with Bruce I learned he was busy with work stuff but offered to check it out the next day for me. Awesome!
    I call the seller back, notify him I've got it worked out. Game, set, matc...at that moment the phone rang.
    The seller needs an answer now because his phone is blowing up. "I've heard that before" I thought to myself. But the "what if" thoughts raced into my head. So now who do I know that's potentially not busy on this weekday? Karl!?!?
    Long story shortened, Karl agrees to check out the deal for me (with zero notice!) and off he goes.
    Fast fwd to that evening when I get home to find the boat and trailer safe and sound at my house thanks to Karl! He was ready at a moments notice, didn't need the whole plea from me and said "no problem!" Left behind whatever plans he may have had and endured the gawd awful traffic to help me out!
    Karl I hope this isn't embarrassing but I needed to publicly say a huge THANK YOU! If it wasn't for this club I wouldn't have met great people like you and Bruce and everyone else here!

Gotta run, it's late for me.

That's why our club motto has always been "good boats, great friends"!!!

Although, for anyone you and anyone else on the forum, I live in Bellingham and am a stay at home dad with two boys who love any excuse to go for a ride in the truck! So with the exception of school pickups and nap time I can pretty much help anywhere in Skagit, and Whatcom counties and we all have passports if a Canadian run needs to be made...
    Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
    1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Working...
    X