Typo errors on titles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Typo errors on titles

How many of us have seen typo errrors on titles. A year wrong or type or numbers. I have a 57 Glaspar boat and a 67 title for a Glaspar boat. No searl numbers or model number on either boat or title . Wondering if I can get away with it?
    Mike
    Red sails at night a sailors delight Red sails in the morn sailors be warned

As You Say It Happens All The Time

As the saying goes:

A title in hand, is worth two titles you don't have.

Sounds to me like you have a sixties Glaspar that happens to look just like a fifties. Happens to me all the time.

Doug Griffith

Comment

I actually have one even better...

I have a 1965 Performer "Havoc" (says right on the name plaque on the dash) but I have a Washington state title for a 1965 Havoc "Performer"... The previous owner had gotten it titled in California and mixed the make and model up. Now the wonderful Washington state DOL won't let me fix it... Lord help me if I really get harrassed by one of those rare "intelligent" police officers...
      Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
      1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Well went down to DMV today and got a new title and stickers for the boat. Now how many know the differance between a 57 and a 67 Glaspar but this bunch of glassheads?
        Mike
        PS
        Found out it is a real bitch to get a boat registered if you don't have any papers on it. Even worse if out of state. I can't see a classic go down the drain just because of some papers.
        Red sails at night a sailors delight Red sails in the morn sailors be warned

Comment

Originally posted by pathfinderz1, post: 3645
          Well went down to DMV today and got a new title and stickers for the boat. Now how many know the differance between a 57 and a 67 Glaspar but this bunch of glassheads?
          Mike
          PS
          Found out it is a real bitch to get a boat registered if you don't have any papers on it. Even worse if out of state. I can't see a classic go down the drain just because of some papers.
          Did you get this resolved ??
          In Oregon, you used to take hull Registration number to the Marine division, they tell you the last registered owner, you contact them with a Registered letter.
          If the letter comes back unclaimed, send that and 60 bucks (could be more now) to Salem, they send you a paper for an Inspection (free) looking for a HIN number (Hull Identification Number), send That form back, they send you a free and clear title.

Washington, I believe it depends on who you go too. STAY AWAY FROM JEFFERSON COUNTY COURT HOUSE. Those gals need to be retired. Even the woman judge needs retired as their interpretation of the laws are clouded by old age, been there, done that !!!

Other than that, I have heard it was not too big of an issue... :TwoCents1:
          Helmar Joe Johanesen
          1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
          1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
          Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
          2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
          http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

I'm in a similar state with the 404. It has title for a 69 Bell Boy. Well, it will if I ever register. Right now the paper work is just sitting at home. My goal is to get it titled as a 59. I think I can pull it off in Poulsbo. The HID is clear and I have a bill of sale - ish. The boat hadn't been on the water legally since 2006, so I doubt there is any interest from anyone if I file for lost title. We'll see. If it gets sticky, I'll just register the 69 title and call it good.

Strangely, for the Glasspar, I have titles for the trailer and boat for their original year. Nice and easy!
            John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
            Past Affairs:
            '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Wrong Title Info

My Club Mariner's title had the wrong year, footage, model. In calling state marine board he said no problem and emailed me a form to copntact the local Sheriff's Office. I was expecting to take the boat in. Even better, they called right back and said that he had a hole in his schedual and could be right out. Twenty minutes later at the shop he was looking at the boat. Tape measure out, yes it is 19 ft. not 21. I asked him about the other wrong info, he said it can be fixed. He did tell me that I did have to put the hull No on the boat in two locations using the WA state NO. Mailed the stuff in to the State and three days later a new title was there all info correct and a even a new shorter hull NO with instuctions on how to install it. The most amazing thing, NO CHARGE.

Comment

Working...
              X