Nifty Fifty R Us

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nifty Fifty R Us

Just filled back up today one of my 12 gal tanks in the Skagit and saw where i only used 7.2 gal from LaConner to Anacortes and around Cypress Island and back again to LaConner a couple of weeks ago with a average of 23mph. Not bad for a 50 HP 2 Stroke 1986 Evinrude. Chuck
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Amazing since i burned all that and more with my 30 minute sea trial of the Marvelous. Oh Well thats what i get to try and hit that magic 40 MPH.
    John & Diane Kelly

Comment

John, I can " ONLY " do 31.2 mph via GPS. When we did the Edmonds - Olympia RT last year she used 18 Gal. GregJ ( 1983 version ) and i have always been very happy with both motors. Got her as a rebuilt and paid quite a bit in 2003 but, she has been worth every penny. Would be nice to see you out on the water sometime ! Chuck
      Attached Files
      1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
      1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

that is great, when we did Lake tapps run, we used about 5 to 6 gals on it.. and its only a 14 ft with a 35 hp motor...

Comment

I had similar joy with the Marathon yesterday. Took the day off and put in at Salsbury State park. Ran the family down to the DNR beaches across from Bangor and putted around the area for a while and back. Used 3 gallons!
          John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
          Past Affairs:
          '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Working...
          X