What I found today...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I found today...

I found this 62 SanJaun inches from the Canadian boarder Today..It has a mercrusier 110..Pretty good shape for a unrestored boat, I don't have to replace a floor, transom etc, its been sitting a couple yrs. in dry storage... I checked compression before buying all popped at 155 lbs..I figured that was good..Got it home hooked a hose up and found why I got is sorta cheap (800.00)..The bottom of the exhaust manifold looks as though it has a spacer plate, and then a bottom plate which has a small crack close to the drain petcock..and of course water dribbles out..I will pull that off tomorrow see about finding a new one..any ideas?..I didn't get good pictures today as its storming big over here this evening....and a 350 mile round trip to add a Dorsett to the shop. It does have a nick/scratch free glass upper wind screen, and full camper canvas..
    Attached Files

Nice score...looks like you got your moneys worth in spite of the manifold...

;-)

...Ric
    '59 19' Glasspar Club Mariner (for sale)
    '63 17' OMC Deluxe (My current lust boat)
    '65 16' Evinrude Sweet 16 (for sale)

Comment

Very VERY cool. You have a rare one here. Dorsett didn't officially do I'O's until 1963, they actually started doing them in mid 1962 and some even earlier. An expensive option for the day.

The earliest Dorsett I/O's just had a cover over the bathtub sized splashwell, the later ones (early 1963 and forward) had a more modern hinged cover with seats on each side of the motor vs. the rear bench seat like in the outboard models.

You have the coolest color combo for 1962 and the I/O option offered for the 1963 models. That color combo wasn't available in 1963.

Below are the respective 1962 and 1963 brochure pages. Good score. If your going to sell her, I'd certainly be interested.

Todd
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dorsett, post: 3927
        Very VERY cool. You have a rare one here. Dorsett didn't officially do I'O's until 1963, they actually started doing them in mid 1962 and some even earlier. An expensive option for the day.

The earliest Dorsett I/O's just had a cover over the bathtub sized splashwell, the later ones (early 1963 and forward) had a more modern hinged cover with seats on each side of the motor vs. the rear bench seat like in the outboard models.

You have the coolest color combo for 1962 and the I/O option offered for the 1963 models. That color combo wasn't available in 1963.

Below are the respective 1962 and 1963 brochure pages. Good score. If your going to sell her, I'd certainly be interested.

Todd
        Todd, Thank you for the brochures. I am not sure if this was a factory conversion..I dont know what year the little 110 was manufactured..
        I pulled the motor this A.M. as the freeze plug behind the flywheel (the easy one) was acting up.I will write the #'s down tomorrow, while I scoure over this little sewing machine engine tomorrow...
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by timw, post: 3946
          Todd, Thank you for the brochures. I am not sure if this was a factory conversion..I dont know what year the little 110 was manufactured..
          I pulled the motor this A.M. as the freeze plug behind the flywheel (the easy one) was acting up.I will write the #'s down tomorrow, while I scoure over this little sewing machine engine tomorrow...
          Dorsett actually contracted their earliest IO's out and then started doing their own in late 62 early 63.

Comment

ID plate location?

Originally posted by Dorsett, post: 3950
            Dorsett actually contracted their earliest IO's out and then started doing their own in late 62 early 63.
            OK, I have what I *think* is a '62 or '63 San Juan here. My question is: Where is that Dorsett ID plate located on the hull? I can't seem to find one on mine.

The Cap'n
            Attached Files
            "The beatings will continue until moral improves..."

Pat Drewery

Comment

Your San Juan is 64 to 68 as it has the dyna-plane hull (1964-1970)

Todd

Comment

Working...
              X