Inside storage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inside storage

This is one way to double your storage Will park my little Nova under the Anthony. Clint
    Attached Files

Clint, Do you have some lock pin brackets ( for locking the host up ) just in case with the Nova under it? That'a a nice Anthony you have. Chuck
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

All four posts have sprong loaded locks about every 8 inches. Used to park Nova on top and vette on the bottom, but I have sold the Vette. Clint

Comment

I use my lift to switch boats and trailers. Put the lift up, roll the boat and trailer under, then attach ratchet straps to the bow and stern. Raise the lift 8"-10" and slide the boat out from under. I made several small dollies out of 2"x10" and casters that I set the boat on so I can use the trailer for several boats. Takes a few minutes, but beats running to the Lake 4-5 times to make a switch!

I remember seeing one of the early guys from Fiberglassics (I think it was Del ?) post a picture of his garage. He turns the boats sideways on the lift and put two side by side on top and two under. The picture he posted had two of these lifts in his garage with 8 boats.
        BRIAN FRANCHINI
        LAKE TAPPS, WA.

Comment

Kind of and expencive boat storager rack. But if I had one I sure would use it.
          Mike
          Red sails at night a sailors delight Red sails in the morn sailors be warned

Comment

Cheaper than building an addition to my shop, and it has many other uses. Clint

Comment

Originally posted by strobee, post: 4006
              Cheaper than building an addition to my shop, and it has many other uses. Clint
              Storage hell, I have been looking for one of those used cable 4 post hoist for some time. Good for running one rig up in the air (non leaking ;-) and parking one under it.

Me, I would use it for Lots of things as the ol knees are about Shot Shot Shot. Can't afford new knees but I hoist would sure help

Way to go Clint !!
              Helmar Joe Johanesen
              1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
              1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
              Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
              2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
              http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

I agree with Clint. It is much cheaper than an addition. I talk my wife into buying one for our garage so I could fit her Tahoe in the garage. I think the same week I got the lift, I finished the Playmaster and couldn't imagine parking it outside. So now the Tahoe sits outside at night, while the boats all snuggle up in the garage.

I bought my lift from a company called Direct Lift that is similar to Clints with the 4 post and positive locks at all four point every 3-4". It came with drip pans for the upper car, ramps (only about 4" tall), and a caster kit so the lift can be moved once the car is in the down position. Delivered to my door was $1750. It assembled in about 3 hours and plugs into a standard 110v outlet.
                BRIAN FRANCHINI
                LAKE TAPPS, WA.

Comment

I'm getting ready to build a garage this summer. What would the minimum trus height be for one of those lifts?

Karl
                  17' Johnson Runabout (1964) Completed
                  18' GlassCraft Imperial (1959) Done!
                  19' Campion Bowrider (1999) Great family ski/tow boat
                  25' Skagit (1960) Two of them. What am I thinking?
                  14' Axtell Aquacraft (1950ish)
                  14' Stilleto

Comment

Depends on what you are going to lift or store. My ceiling is 10' and I can store a Corvette on top with a Mustang under. The Vette top is only 3" from the ceiling to get room under. The actual post on mine are only 7'-6" tall.
                    BRIAN FRANCHINI
                    LAKE TAPPS, WA.

Comment

Working...
                    X