Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Password change timer someplace.

Hi Folks.
    Seems as I was forced to change my password for access to the system.
    I was not able to use my old password for, from what I remember, 160 days?

Anyway, I am unable to find the password area that shows any kind of timer to change.

By the way, there is NO way for me to find out what passwords you have selected so if you loose it, I guess its up the system to Email it back to you.

This system is Way bigger than Anything I have ever ran. Fact is, I only did Moderation and setup on some of the smaller ones.
    Mistery to me.

Anyone else forced to change the your password as of yet?
    Seems as there was a timer, so many days but forgot
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Not as yet Joe. Although I have taken to signing out after each visit requiring that I log in each and every time primarily so that I don't forget my password.
    Sometimers creeping in I think.
    1958 Skagit 20 Offshore hardtop cruiser "Kanigo"

Comment

No problems here.
      I see I joined 2 days before you Joe.

Dave

Comment

It's possible it's setup somewhere that the administrator has to change their password more often for security reasons. These VB boards are HUGE and complex, but I think they make for the nicest user experience on the web.

I know on the VB board I am an admin on, we do not have a password timer turned on.

Comment

Originally posted by stefrobrts, post: 4645
          It's possible it's setup somewhere that the administrator has to change their password more often for security reasons. These VB boards are HUGE and complex, but I think they make for the nicest user experience on the web.

I know on the VB board I am an admin on, we do not have a password timer turned on.
          I have gone to the Vbull Pay sites looking for someone to help do updates and some other changes, like a hostmaster would. No takers and willing to pay.
          Do you folks have someone like that.
          We need some changes and due to how complex this system is, I am afraid of crashing it. I need help on some of this behind the scenes stuff.

I am ok with the everyday stuff but its the big changes and updates that spook me.
          I have been reading Tech manuals for over 25 years but this one, the verbiage is all screw up and worse than greek, geek, or nerd.
          Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Originally posted by Helmar, post: 4648
            I have gone to the Vbull Pay sites looking for someone to help do updates and some other changes, like a hostmaster would. No takers and willing to pay.
            Do you folks have someone like that.
            We need some changes and due to how complex this system is, I am afraid of crashing it. I need help on some of this behind the scenes stuff.

I am ok with the everyday stuff but its the big changes and updates that spook me.
            I have been reading Tech manuals for over 25 years but this one, the verbiage is all screw up and worse than greek, geek, or nerd.
            I'm just a volunteer who deals with membership stuff. I don't know anything about the backend. Let me ask around and find out.

Comment

Like I said, I have been all over the Vbulletin Pay site and can't get anyone to step forward.
              Someone has to be for hire some place.
              Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Does the manual start out.......

"Pleased to be accepting your new software package. We are happy of your comments on this product."

That's a direct quote from one I bought. The funny thing is it worked just fine even though I couldn't read the manual without laughing.
                Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
                Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Here's what Andy (the owner of the Airstream forum) suggested

re: vBulletin, it's a great software but have over 1,000 configuration settings so it is quite daunting.

I would see if the guy can get help from Brandon at this site:
                  http://www.vbulletinsetup.com/about/

If not, he might want to try TheAdminZone.com. That site actually makes me cringe because it's full of newbies and moderated very poorly but it's a good site for when you need training wheels, especially with setup stuff.
                  Maybe one of those sites will help, or help you find someone who can get what you need done.

Comment

Working...
                  X