Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too early for details on Around Fidalgo?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too early for details on Around Fidalgo?

I invited the guy who did my canvas and upholstery to ride around Fidalgo with me and he was asking some questions for which I had no answers. Has a launch time been determined? Do we carry our lunch and eat as we go or do we tie up in Anacortes or LaConner and dine in style? About how long a trip will it be? How fast do we run? How do we communicate between boats?
    I think you are going to enjoy Ric and he does great work if you need canvas or upholstery.
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Jerry, I only have part of the answers. Most outings the club seems to launch between 10:00 - 11:00. The plan was to tie up in LaConner, and I believe you could pack your own lunch or dine out. Communication between boats is using VHF or cell phone.

Where is Ric's shop? I plan to do a top on my Seafair, this Fall hopefully. Have a good one.
    Steve Kiesel
    1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Thanks for the info Steve. Lunch at LaConner sounds good to me if I can get Ric to buy Haven't been in LaConner by boat for more than 25 years. Presume there is fuel available along the water there?
      Ric's shop is called Armadillo Upholstery and is on Grandview Road just north and west of Ferndale. Phone (360) 366-5674. He does a lot of boat work and does it very well and very reasonably I'm told. I've used him for many years not only for boat work but home.
      Anyway, your answer on launch time suits me as the first ferry off the island is at 7 a.m. on weekends and it will take me roughly two hours to get to Cornet Bay. Considered launching at home and running down but I'm getting more cautious about boating alone the older I get.
      Really looking forward to the Aug. 1 cruise.
      There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Working...
      X