70s 70hp wiring digram

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70s 70hp wiring digram

I'm working on a 70s 70hp Looper and need a wiring digram for the motor. Got power to everything but no spark. I has a power pack and don't know were it gets its power from.
    Mike
    Red sails at night a sailors delight Red sails in the morn sailors be warned

There is a red wire on the power pack harness,it's the hot one. If no spark is your issue, power and/or coils need to be replaced. If it's the origional power pack, replace it. that's most likely your problem. 30 rears is a long time...
    ChuckB
    "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

Check kill + grounds

I`ve found the killswitch and grounds can stop spark too.
      Undo the main red wire plug,then jump the solenoid with a screwdriver to check for spark.If spark ,then harness ,keyswitch is trouble.No spark and proceed to pack and then coils.
      Pulling the Black /Yellow wire from the plug where the 3 coil wires enter the Black rubber Boot will test the kill-circut from the power pack.
      Some new power packs make you fish the new leads into those rubber boots so take good notes......Blu/Orange will be upper cyl # 1 ,Plain orange # 2 and Green/Orange bottom #3.Firing order is done with order they mt in the plug.
      Some packs offer RPM limiting which is always wanted except for when running Jet Pumps.
      I always go for the factory parts over CDI aftermarket stuff but price can dictate too.
      Goodluck,
      Tim M
      unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
      15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
      SeaRay 175BR
      Hi-Laker lapline
      14` Trailorboat

Comment

I had CDI units one my old snowmobiles and never had one go bad. So I will start checking one thing at a time and see were that gets me.
        Thanks
        Mike
        Red sails at night a sailors delight Red sails in the morn sailors be warned

Comment

Working...
        X