Almost!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost!!!!!

I found a 13" x 17 pitch Merc prop on Ebay and thought THIS might be the one that will get the BB to 40 mph. But, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

I took off the kicker and went out alone with low fuel, everything I could think of to break the 40 moh barrier. We will keep trying!

Bob
    Attached Files

Bob.
    If you take into consideration the phase of the moon and the rotation of the earth and which direction your toes were pointing, I think you could make a point that you really reached the big 40mph. Congrats.
    Mike.
    1959 Skagit 20 Offshore inboard

Mike and Judy Kronick

Comment

With my 1982 115hp and a 13.25 x 17 i could only get 38.7 mph on the GPS. Now with the new Merc 115hp same prop we will see as it is now broke in.
      John & Diane Kelly

Comment

Try Salt...

Hey Bob,
        My best speed numbers were always done on slightly choppy Saltwater just out of Downtown Seattle`s Elliott bay.As I return up the river the boats will feel "Mushy" as the surface first calms down and then again worse as we hit the fresher water which the boat floats deeper in.
        Also note ,Seaplanes hit "the Wall" at 40 mph and can`t break free of the surface tension of water unless they have stepped sponsons.
        Basically the last half of the hull rides in the shadow of the lowest part....less drag.
        Hard to do that to an existing hull but that would be something to try someday if doing a major bottom repair anyways.Something along the lines of the new Dozi`s or Cig boats which use lift strakes in weird vee patterns,offset and staggered certain ways to get air down to the keel.
        Always love an excuse to break out the Skilsaw.
        TimM
        unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
        15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
        SeaRay 175BR
        Hi-Laker lapline
        14` Trailorboat

Comment

I think I will next try the 13.25 x 17 prop and see if that extra 1/4 inch does it!

Comment

It was the Canera's fault!

Originally posted by mikekronick, post: 4880
            Bob.
            If you take into consideration the phase of the moon and the rotation of the earth and which direction your toes were pointing, I think you could make a point that you really reached the big 40mph. Congrats.
            Mike.
            Obviously in your uncontrolable excitment while trying to capture the 40.0 mark at the precise instant, (which I believe you achieved), your finger depressing the camera button w/ such force it caused the boat to "pourpoise" thus slowing the boatspeed by .01

Cograts from delvel also

Comment

Working...
            X