Where did everyone go?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did everyone go?

Just wondering if there's anyone still here on the forum? Especially since it was just updated. Did we lose more people? We're knocking on boating season's door what is going on out there in restoration land?

I'm still working on my 58', I haven't posted anything cause it seamed everyone is done with there projects, and/or not interested. I still use the site for reference and ideas on occasion. I'm still over a year out before we hit the water again.

Comment

Originally posted by sclapsaddle View Post
      I'm still working on my 58', I haven't posted anything cause it seamed everyone is done with there projects, and/or not interested. I still use the site for reference and ideas on occasion. I'm still over a year out before we hit the water again.
      Sorry. Seems everyone is been pretty busy with life and Yes, boating season is coming up fast.

Sorry still working on the forum to, well, kind of get the "Old Look" back as well as trying to tweak it for the folks that use Smart Phones and Tablets. Seems we have a pretty fair amount.
      I can see the log ins so I know we have people logging in and well, personally, I think its just too much change for folks.
      We pretty much had do this upgrade for security reasons. Vbulletin was not longer sending out Security Updates for the early versions of Vbulletin.
      So, for everyone's protection, we made the leap.

Helmar
      Helmar Joe Johanesen
      1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
      1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
      Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
      2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
      http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

I haven’t been on here in awhile simply cause I have been too busy with kids and work this winter to even think about boats I have only made it to one ACBS monthly meeting in the past 6 months!

We have a had a rough winter with our house, we had to have a roof put on, then I just completed an emergency install of a tankless water heater cause our old tank sprung a leak in the garage!!

As for the upgrade and changes, while it is a big change, it has only taken me about 5 mins to figure out how to navigate the new system and I am using an iPhone 6 (so it doesn’t play well with Vbulletin software...

But as we approach spring there seems to be light at the end of the dark winter tunnel. So I should be able to come around a little more often and hopefully others will too!
        Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
        1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Bflaherty View Post
          I haven’t been on here in awhile simply cause I have been too busy with kids and work this winter to even think about boats I have only made it to one ACBS monthly meeting in the past 6 months!

We have a had a rough winter with our house, we had to have a roof put on, then I just completed an emergency install of a tankless water heater cause our old tank sprung a leak in the garage!!

As for the upgrade and changes, while it is a big change, it has only taken me about 5 mins to figure out how to navigate the new system and I am using an iPhone 6 (so it doesn’t play well with Vbulletin software...

But as we approach spring there seems to be light at the end of the dark winter tunnel. So I should be able to come around a little more often and hopefully others will too!
          Hey Brian
          Good to see you back.
          Boy, I know that busy thing Way too much myself.
          Wow, Roof, water heater, geeze...You have had your hands full for sure !!

We upgraded the system due to the older version of Vbulletin was going to stop sending out Security patches.
          Also, this newer version of Vbulletin is supposed to be more friendly with the Smart Phone and Tablets. That is what I am trying to find time to work on.
          Thanks to Ed Brown for all his help on it for sure (thanks Ed !!!)

So, in one of the forum threads, we are discussing what is and is not working properly as I know that the Majority of folks, lack of time etc, use Smart Phones and Tablets to access our site.
          I am also looking into a cross post for our Facebook page too.

Lots of changes, we all have our own Gallery now which is part of the new upgrade. That should be nice but with a little figuring out how to optimize it for more usage.

When you get time, poke around and see what you can find to help make things better with the smart phones

Helmar Joe Johanesen
          1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
          1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
          Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
          2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
          http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Glad to see a few of you still here. I'm picking up my hardtop on Monday/Tuesday so you know pictures will be following. I'll try to sync my post with Facebook...we'll see. The trial post seemed to have worked.
            As far as interested in everyone's projects, I'm always interested and try to post when I see action. Keep the updates coming!

Brian, it's go time now that the roof and tankless are taken care of!
            I'm in the beginning stages of planning a meet on my lake. Boat or no boat, I hope people show up!
            More to follow...

Comment

Working...
            X