No announcement yet.

'57 Skagit 17 Glass Windshield?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I spoke to Bill Roberts yesterday who told me to look at a 1955 Ford Crown Victoria for the front windshield. I looked it up on Google and what do you know, they look the same.
    Attached Files

Comment

17 or 20?

Would that 55 ford windshield fit the 17 or the 20?

http://www.bobsclassicautoglass.com/

These guys sell glass from 1920 to present. They have a 1955 ford crown vic windshield new for 425.......ouch.....

Comment

Re 55 ford

Does look like it. Has Bill or anyone else tried it? At 425.00 I can't rush out and buy one but it would be nice for future reference.

thanks , Mark

Comment

Originally posted by mrusson, post: 5812
          Could one of you guys with a skagit 20 be able to pull me a measurement? I would love to see how wide the original frame is for a skagit 20 (57-58).
          The measurement I would need is the inside measurement at the rear of the frame at its widest point. Thanks to anyone who may be able to help me
          I have a 1959 so mine may be different but the inside measurement at the rear is 65.25 inches.

Greg Jr.

Comment

THANKS Greg !!!!

I appreciate that very much. That looks to be about right on mine as well after I widen it to fit the old holes.

Comment

t-bird glass? skagit 17-20?

i just picked up our new skagit 20 chinook last nite from mart and today while tearing out some funky carpet and telling my wife of the discussion groups ive read about the upper windshield being of ford origin , it looks rather small compared to fords of the 50's when my wife piped up and asked if it might be from a thunderbird ( we have a resored 65 t-bird) but after looking and the windshield and the size of the small bird i need to wonder if anyone has checked?

Comment

Chinook frame here as well.

The frame I have here is from a 56 Chinook 20 according to Bill R. who I got it from. I am not sure if I know anyone around here who would have windshield to check. I will keep my eyes open and keep looking. I would love to nail down the glass for this thing....

Comment

I have a '56 Chinook but it has an aftermarket plastic windshield as you can see in the pics...

If it'll help I'll try and get down to the park and hide in the next few days and check the measurements...

...Ric
                  Attached Files
                  '59 19' Glasspar Club Mariner (for sale)
                  '63 17' OMC Deluxe (My current lust boat)
                  '65 16' Evinrude Sweet 16 (for sale)

Comment

Thanks !!!

That would be excellent !!! Thanks for the help!!

Comment

just removed my windshield tonight

just got it off and by the looks of it , its never been off before, this boat is a 55 chinnook there are some numbers on it, i will scrape the goo off tommorrow take a pic and post it here, hope it helps someone

Comment

Working...
                      X