New club member

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New club member

I'm new to the club and classic boats. I posted my restoration project under "Boat restoration" 1957 Skagit. Can't wait till summer and get her on the water. I live in Bellingham and have spent alot of time in the local waters. I'm really looking forward to doing a few club cruises and meeting people who love these boats. It sure is alot of work to get all the old rusted nuts off the boat but its very rewarding when they finally give up. Do you have meetings anywhere? Thanks for reading this post and I hope to meet alot of you in person !
    Attached Files
    Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Welcome, were glad you found us! We do have a quite a few events throughout the year. If you check our events calender on the main board or the calender at the top of this board you can view all of our get togethers. Hope this helps and look forward to seeing you on the water soon!

Comment

Welcome Rick. I'm just across the water from you on Lummi Island. I have a 1961 Larson Sea Lion that takes up a fair amount of my energy and spare time. There is another club member who will be moving up from the Seattle area this summer. Maybe we can have a few little San Juan trips together.
      Jerry
      There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Hi Rick, You have a nice boat. I rode in it on the Skagit river a couple years ago. I have 2 Skagits a 16ft Skimaster and a 17ft Express which I believe is the same hull as yours. We both work at the Skagit although I don't work often as I am the on call shuttle driver. Lootis and I also worked at the same place years ago. The big I. How soon will you be ready to get your boat wet? We could meet at Lake Samish or Cambell lake near Anacortes. I live close to La Conner. It is nice to have a chase boat while getting the kinks out of a boat. I believe you are getting a Homelite from Bill so he will take care of you. I plan on taking my boats to some lakes in
        February to shake them down for the new year. A good way to get together is to post when you will be boating and invite others to come along. We are getting a pretty good sized fleet in the North sound and we could have some good times getting together. Clint

Comment

Working...
        X