Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Illahee Project......

New Project !

I told myself the G-3 would be the last project i would do, but guess what i got the itch again. She is another 17' Skagit that i will do this coming year. Her name will be Illahee. It will be the forth Skagit 17' over the last 14 years among other boats i have had and done. Same plan of replacing everything like,transom,floor with foam, wiring ,paint, carpet,seats,rubrail,gas tanks,find a motor like another 1983-86 50hp Evinrude ,plus a new King trailer toward the end of the project and everything else that i have not thought of. Will start collecting all of the items. More to come. Cool spotlight huh ? Chuck
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

You need to start going back to meetings Mr. Carey, your addictive behavior is returning...
    ChuckB
    "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

Another Restoration???? LOL . Looks like fun, Mike
      >>>Mike<<<

Comment

Echo, This one has all of the pieces which is nice like the original cabin door,windshield,and some other items.First thing to go is the old saddle gas tanks and will put in the same type i have had on the other Skagits like 2 / 12 gal plus a back up. Will carpet the sides of the hull,bulkhead and inside the cabin. Paint Color ? Thinking about that one. I do know i will follow the same trim lines of the different color combo's as Skagit did from the factory like the Kalakala and Rosario have. I do have a new rubrail so that's a start. I hope to start painting about May after doing all of the tearing out of the floor and things in March & April. In the meantime i will start watching for sales on batteries,seats,gas tanks,hardware,teleflex steering....you name it ! Only 3 socks on this one. Chuck
        Attached Files

Comment

Mike, ChuckB ( Echo ) might be right about the NMB ! meeting. Oh yes, I'am a charter member since January 2005 when it was formed.....there has been "a few" times i have fallen off the wagon, but have we not all been there at one time or another ? Chuck

Comment

Sweet Skagit 17 Express's

Well Chuck.
            You just know whats its like to own a good all around boat is all.
            Kind of hard to let something like that go but you did your test by selling two of them so you know your destined to own another one, forever!!

Better get used to the idea.
            Helmar Joe Johanesen
            1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
            1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
            Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
            2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
            http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Chuck i think you just have to keep your hands busy after quitting smoking after all those years. I say good for you and never say never! Whats one more boat right.
              By the Way... I think i hold the record to one and only one boat.
              John & Diane Kelly

Comment

Yeah, Im craving the time Ill have to work on my g3 and after that maybe a boat with fins. We MEN need a good project to keep us from going krazy!!!
                Those skagits are VERY rare down here in the lower part of california. Ive only seen 1 in my 3 years of craigslist shopping. But we do have glasspars that look like that, like the del mar's and so on. Looks like a good style hull.......
                >>>Mike<<<

Comment

Joe & John , It's been three i have sold off thru the years. You would think i would learn ....Duh ! GregJ has the first one from 1996 ,the Kalakala i sold in 1997 and Jerry with the Rosario in 2009. This hobby does keep me off of the streets at 68 so i guess that is not all bad. Chuck

Picture of the Kalakala
                  Attached Files

Comment

new Skagit

Chuck, looks like a great place to start on a new project! Good to have something to keep us from running wild in the streets, right? Looking forward to your progress. - Ross
                    Ross Henson

Comment

Ross, It does keep us from running wild in the streets , except when we go out to pick up another. Chuck

Comment

Thanks ML !

In all my excitement i forgot to thank the " Norseboater Farmer " for working out the details with me on the Skagit. This is the 9th boat i have gotten from him. Guess who. Duh ! Chuck

Comment

Chuck: Good talking to you yesterday. As you see I've signed up with the group and I'm now enjoying the input the knowledgeable people on this site have posted. I'm still debating on how to proceed, but I think I'm gonna' go with a "minor" project to start with. I will look around for awhile and would appreciate hearing from anyone that might have info on a Farallon project which would make sense for a 77 year old guy like me to tackle. I have worked with glass and wood building and repairing boats so I have an idea of what I'm getting in to ... I think. Anyway, good to be here. Sure like the posts I've read so far. Thanks for putting me on to the group.

Comment

Clarence, Nice talking to you yesterday also. Don't forget to check GSG site as well. They do have quite a few members in the bay area. Some of us up here are members of GSG too. Jim Barker that lives in Linden southeast of you has a project Farallon. I don't know if you would want to get into a maybe total project or not. Best,Chuck

[ame="http://goldenstateglassics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2"]Main Forum - Golden State Glassics[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                            X