Arena Craft Update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arena Craft Update

Quite a bit has taken place on the boat in just the last week. Last Tuesday Dick Weaire was kind enough to drive down and help me nut down all the deck chrome along with those long 12 footers you see in the pic that go between the raised area of the deck and the walkabout. It take a guy under the deck and a man on the outside siliconeing the screws and pushing them through and holding them on the outside while I was on the inside under the deck putting on the teflon nuts and tightening them down, Dick lined up all the screw heads and kept them straight.

This week I rewired the dash and hooked up all the instruments and set the dash back in place. The big hole youe see on the starboard side of the dash is where the controls go and I'll be hooking them back up to the cables and installing them next week. Today I cleaned all the floors and wiped them down with "First Clean" Prep solvent and painted all the bilge and sub structure floors with Interlux Bilge Coat. I've got the heat up to 62 degrees in the garage so it should dry I hope in a couple of days. This Saturday it goes to my buddies place and we will use his fork lift to drop the engine back in her then I'll bring her home and see if I can get the drive shaft and rudder back in place. After that she will go back to paint to get a couple of areas where I wet sanded through and a couple of other spots touched up. So, its movin on and getting more exciting each day as she come together. Then it will be time to start rebuilding the trailer, work work WORK!! and money, money MONEY!!

Enjoy the pics.

JAG
    Attached Files

Looking great JAG, good job. Love that deck, it looks like a new boat. That should be a fun ride this summer.
    Steve Kiesel
    1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Thanks Steve, am lookin forward to the finish but it better not happen till the snow melts, then what the heck would I do! lol!
      JAG

Comment

Gadzooooks!

Beautiful work, Jag. What powerplant are you dropping in?

Comment

Rere are some power plant pics.

She has an AMC 327CID 255HP V8 Gray Marine with duel side draft Carter carbs. Pics attrached.
          JAG
          Attached Files

Comment

Purty!

Comment

Working...
            X