Seattle History

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seattle History

Although not completely boat related, I stumbled across a website today (technically a blog site) that has some really great Historical pictures of Seattle. There is a lot of focus on the residential and commercial architecture of the city, but also has some great lake and boat pictures mixed in with everything from the World's Fair to Denny Regrade pictures from the early 1900's.

I ran across it while looking for some vintage Seattle Boat Show pictures. I was at Wolfe Marine in Seattle today and their walls are covered with pictures from the 50's boat shows. I know that there are probably several here that have some of these pictures stored on your computer. If so, post them and let us all take a look into the past.

Vintage Seattle Pictures
    BRIAN FRANCHINI
    LAKE TAPPS, WA.

Boat Show Pics

Originally posted by FINS, post: 417
    Although not completely boat related, I stumbled across a website today (technically a blog site) that has some really great Historical pictures of Seattle. There is a lot of focus on the residential and commercial architecture of the city, but also has some great lake and boat pictures mixed in with everything from the World's Fair to Denny Regrade pictures from the early 1900's.

I ran across it while looking for some vintage Seattle Boat Show pictures. I was at Wolfe Marine in Seattle today and their walls are covered with pictures from the 50's boat shows. I know that there are probably several here that have some of these pictures stored on your computer. If so, post them and let us all take a look into the past.

Vintage Seattle Pictures
    Hello FINS,
    I'd be really interested in seeing Wolfe Marine's pictures. I spent an afternoon a year or so back going through the stacks of photos at NMTA (Northwest Marine Trade Association). Unfortunately they had been pretty well picked through. Can you tell me a bit more about Wolfe Marine?

Thanks,
    Tim
    Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Tim,

Wolfe is just a broker in Seattle, about two blocks West of Jensen Motor Boat on Lake Union. They just have two walls covered with boat pictures mainly from the Northwest. The ones that caught my eye were the late 50's boat show shots. They don't have negatives of the pictures, so I would have to convince them to take them down and scan them. In the mean time, I will take a few photos of the photos and see how that turns out. I am sure there are a lot of forgotten pictures out there that would be fun to see. Here is one I found at the UW Digital Archives from the 2/21/48 boat show.

BRIAN FRANCHINI
      LAKE TAPPS, WA.

Comment

Working...
      X