Its almost spring - new Skagit for mini-fleet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its almost spring - new Skagit for mini-fleet

I got intrigued with this 1960 Mercury 300 and since it came with a 1957 Skagit 14 and my wife was out of town and it is almost my birthday, it just seemed like it all needed to join the family. Dr. Frankenmerc provide a lot of valuable advice ahead of time. The boat seems to be in very good condition overall, original, and not hacked up. The transom, floor, original wood seats (the folding ones are not even screwed in), gell coat, windshield, rubrail, hardware are all keepers.
    A very nice thing about boats obtained in the Salem to Eugene area is that they are likely to be freshwater boats. Hope you had a good day as well.
    Attached Files
    Bruce H. Drake
    1956 Bell Boy Express 21'
    1957 Norseman 19' woodie
    1961 Glasspar Seafair Phaeton 17'
    1957 Lyman Runabout 13' woodie

Whats the trailer ?

Nice little boat ! What kind of trailer is it sitting on ?? I like the fenders with the tail lights . Good score
    Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Trailer brand in Skagit picture

November 1956 Sea and Pacific Motor boat magazine page 64 shows a Holsclaw trailer ad that looks like a perfect match. The next page shows a Bell Boy 16 hardtop zooming along. This is my favorite issue of the magazine since it has a four picture spread of a Bell Boy 21 express on a trip to Santa Barbara.
      Bruce H. Drake
      1956 Bell Boy Express 21'
      1957 Norseman 19' woodie
      1961 Glasspar Seafair Phaeton 17'
      1957 Lyman Runabout 13' woodie

Comment

Working...
      X