X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State of the Seafair

State of the Seafair-Window Pics!

Hey guys,
    Really got serious and got into some Window glass repair over the weekend.I used the one good upper window to replace to blown out cabin window.Even with the corner brace and glass removed,the cabin roof DID NOT move at all!
    I even SAT on the rooftop ,no movement still.
    It was tricky getting the old screws out,even rusty ,they held until a sharp chisel swiped them away.Once in a vise,my drill took out the remainders.
    My first pics of the boat were taken without upper windows( like done in Hollywood movies) ,so it won`t be anything new to drive with the wind in my face.
    Rear bench is almost shiny enough to re-install,foam blocks will be pinned behind it then bolts and washers should keep it all in place.
    Rubrail was pounded back down with some ratchet straps helping pull it in place.
    Only some wet cushions and minor wiring issues remain.
    Still haven`t found any major hull damage,and I even jumped on the motor with no creaks still.
    Might be cruising the Canal this week....stay tuned.
    TimM
    ps Learned a new tip for submerged motors......after I already ran it,but good for anybody facing it in the future.Pouring 2 stroke oil down the carb throats with the motor on it`s back will lube the Crankshaft and needle bearings which can rust easily.I used Seafoam Fogging oil as I had no energy to pull all the carbs/motor that first day.
    Attached Files
    unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
    15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
    SeaRay 175BR
    Hi-Laker lapline
    14` Trailorboat

Just read the original post regarding the sinking. Ack! I shamefully remove my prior post about giving her up when you get tired of her!

Glad you were able to recover her - there aren't too many glasspars that I have seen in Surf Green. In the northwest I have only seen my Marathon and your Sea Fair. One other green Marathon on craigslist once. Thats it.
    John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
    Past Affairs:
    '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Working...
    X