Rubber Rub Rail

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubber Rub Rail

I have a 59 Skagit 20 hard top. Does anyone know of the size and source for replacing the white rubber trim that goes around the gun rail of the boat? Thanks, Robert in Seattle

Wefco in California. If you search "rubrail" in these forums you'll find a bunch of good info...part numbers, how it's etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
      I have a 59 Skagit 20 hard top. Does anyone know of the size and source for replacing the white rubber trim that goes around the gun rail of the boat? Thanks, Robert in Seattle
      Hi Robert.
      The 59 Skagit used two different rub rails depending on what time of year it came out. Most common one used is for the 55 - 58 Skagits and the 59 like mine uses a Insert rubber as it has a aluminum rail all the way around.
      So, the big question would be, does yours have that aluminum rail ?
      If you can supply a picture, I can pin down what you need for sure.
      Helmar Joe Johanesen
      1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
      1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
      Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
      2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
      http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

If it's the red and gray one it's a '58, not 59. That means just the rubber, no aluminum.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly View Post
          If it's the red and gray one it's a '58, not 59. That means just the rubber, no aluminum.
          Didn't you just order yours Kelly ?
          If so, put down the item number as so Robert can go look it up in the Catalog from Wefco..
          Robert, if you look at the Wefco Catalog you will see it and because its been saved in a PDF format, you can print out that page, cut out the pattern they and set it next to your boat to see how its going to fit.
          We normally measure all the way around leaving a foot extra for some stretching, start at the transom, Pin it, run some 3M-5200 into it and start walking it around. It takes two people, one to hold some tension on it as you go around, pin it, cut off the excess and install your other end cap, done deal. Takes a couple of days for that stuff to dry in even warm weather but that will keep it on.
          Helmar
          Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Thank you very much Helmar. Sorry for belated reply. Your advice is always spot on! Here are 2 pics. Need 50' long and 1"x2". I checked Wefco but hard to tell which would be best. Might anyone have the model number? Thanks, Rob.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
              Thank you very much Helmar. Sorry for belated reply. Your advice is always spot on! Here are 2 pics. Need 50' long and 1"x2". I checked Wefco but hard to tell which would be best. Might anyone have the model number? Thanks, Rob.
              They have pages of PDF downloadable images of the different rubbers they have. I will normally print them out as they Are to Scale. Then i just cut the scale sized picture and hold it up against the boat.
              I didn't see the pictures ??
              If you reply to this post (and logged in) you should see in the upper left corner of the window you are in, there is a picture of a Camera and something that looks like Chain linked. To the right, are most editing and posting options.
              Anyway, Click on the camera and below the window, (might have to scroll down a little to see it) You should see a box around the word Upload. Press on that and it should open up a window on your computer in which you can find and click your photo. Once you have done that, click on the Upload. It will ask if you want more uploads, just say yes until you get all you want uploaded. Then press the Continue and your back to your message typing area. Give that a try.

Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Thanks Helmar and everyone for your guidance on the rub rail. I got mine indeed from Wefco - 818.886.8872. Call them to find out what their schedule is for extruding rubber. They only do white about every 6 weeks. The rub rail for my 58' Sagit is number 1/2 G-5. Note that this is not a channel lock so the adhesive is important.

Comment

Working...
                X