Catalina Dorsett

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catalina Dorsett

whats a fair price to offer on a 1967 Dorsett ? It’s been sitting in a field for 6 years owner knows that the wireing to move motor up and down is not working it appears to be in decent shape needs a lot of tlc as not been under a cover sat out in weather

Difficult to say without pictures. $50-500 range.

Comment

Yeah, lots of depends on's for the pricing. Depending on the motor/trailer/condition could be up to 800 or more would be fair. Trailers, salt water trailer is worth more than your standard trailer,

I found a 1960 Dorsett Catalina but he is not really wanting to let it go as he wants to see it restored properly. No MDO or Home depot junk. I think the badges are gone and not sure what else might be missing from it now but here area few pictures of it.
      The motor in the pictures is not with it, it was a 100hp Merc that is stuck, lower short shaft unit is cracked and bearings shot, plus its frozen at that angle too so that motor is down here about to be parted out and then converted into a mail box.
      The trailer under this one is not the one that it comes with so not sure what he has under it now.
      Helmar
      Helmar Joe Johanesen
      1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
      1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
      Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
      2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
      http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Looks perfect where is the boat located?

Comment

Originally posted by Helmar View Post
          Yeah, lots of depends on's for the pricing. Depending on the motor/trailer/condition could be up to 800 or more would be fair. Trailers, salt water trailer is worth more than your standard trailer,

I found a 1960 Dorsett Catalina but he is not really wanting to let it go as he wants to see it restored properly. No MDO or Home depot junk. I think the badges are gone and not sure what else might be missing from it now but here area few pictures of it.
          The motor in the pictures is not with it, it was a 100hp Merc that is stuck, lower short shaft unit is cracked and bearings shot, plus its frozen at that angle too so that motor is down here about to be parted out and then converted into a mail box.
          The trailer under this one is not the one that it comes with so not sure what he has under it now.
          Helmar
          Mich and I have bean working on a trailer, just waiting for a project.

Comment

Working...
          X