• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing "Talon" to the NWCBC

Greetings, All!

My name is Talon.

I am a 1965 10' Roberts Mini-Craft.

I was built near the University Bridge in Seattle.

I currently reside at Stimson Marina in Ballard, where I hang-out with Thunderbird, to which I am the "tender to".

Thunderbird is a 1959 40' Ed Monk Sr. Sedan Express Cruiser.

We are very active with the Classic Yacht Association, and the Olympic Yacht Club, and also belong to the Ed Monk Wooden Boat Club, and the Bellingham Yacht Club.

I just had some major rework done last Winter, including new paint, a new 20-HP Nissan engine, windshield repair, new bench seat, new nav lights, and tuff-coating on my insides.

Looking forward to meeting new friends and being on the water together.

Hope to see you soon!

talon1965mini@gmail.com
    =====
    Roger Morse
    talon1965mini@gmail.com
    Stimson Marina, Ballard

Welcome to the group.

Come to think of it, one of our NWCBC members ran one of those little Roberts Mini-crafts.

If you watch for the events calendar, you should see events on the lake and hope to meet up.

Lets see some pictures of your Mini-craft.
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

10' roberts mini craft

:catchfish1:me and my son own a 1975 10' mini craft that we like to bring it to original condition . if any body knows some information i know the guy who runs this club own a 10 foot roberts mini craft boat and i was wondering if he could put some picture on or where can i find info on the roberts mini-craft

Comment

Posting everywhere !

I answered one under Marks restoration thread . I was kind of excited about seeing a new picture of Marks boat ?

I posted the one picture we got on Lake Union . So I'll post it again here

Sorry Chuck couldn't pass up the opertunity

Going out to run the Crab gear for 4 days out of Obstruction Island going to be out 7 days total , Looks like the weather is going to be on our side . :boater1::Skipper1: Anybody in the area look for the Dorsett on the Obstruction pass dock southwest side or Lopez setting gear !
        Attached Files
        Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Roberts Mini-Craft

I owned one of the little 10-footers several years ago, and sold it to a guy who was going to keep in somewhere on the Lake Washington Ship Canal. At the time it had a 20hp electric-start Johnson outboard, which seemed about right for the mini-runabout.

As far as I know, the fellow who built Roberts Mini-Crafts had a shop (maybe at his home) in Mountlake Terrace. He advertised the runabouts in a few local-area publications at the time, including Nor'westing.

John Flaherty, father of NWCBC member Brian Flaherty, might have known the Mini-Craft builder personally. (At least he seemed to know something about their production, and he had the name of the builder...which escapes me at the moment.)

Attached below is a photo of my old Mini-Craft, being tested by another club member during a rendezvous in Gig Harbor.

- Marty
          Attached Files
          http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Working...
          X