Proposed site disclaimer...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposed site disclaimer...

POTENTIALLY ADDICTIVE-CLASSIC BOAT CONTENT AHEAD!!!

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY...

this site subscribes to free speech item 62B as described below:

The material on this server is VINTAGE BOAT oriented, and is related to material of an addictive nature. This site provides access to images of beautifully designed vessels in various stages of repair and/or use. Access is made available only to those who accept the terms of the following agreement:

By accepting this agreement, I certify the following:

1) I do not find images of unmolested project boats, vintage boats engaged in arousing activities or other materials that depict the potential products of your hard work to be offensive or objectionable.

2) I am at least 18 years of age and/or have the legal right to possess a Washington State Boaters Card in my community.

3) I understand the standards and laws of the community, site and computer to which I am transporting this material, and am solely responsible for my actions.

4) I will not attempt to bypass any security, hide vessels from my spouse and/or access features at this site from my work computer.

5) If I use these services in violation of the above agreement, I understand I may be in violation of my marriage vows, local and/or federal laws and am solely responsible for my actions, including but not limited to time spent in the doghouse because of said actions.

6) By logging on, I will have released and discharged the providers, owners and creators of this site from any and all liability which might arise from the aquisition and storage of more boats than I could possibly ever use.

7) Book marking to a page on this server/site whereby this warning page is bypassed shall constitute an implicit acceptance of the foregoing terms herein set forth.

"You have been warned"
    Attached Files

This works for me
    Maybe number for, the hiding part....Not to sure about the not being able to hide them
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Site Disclaimer

Yeah, it's great...but Number 4 could be an issue that would destroy our whole Park-n-Hide concept. (Of course, I'd sign the disclaimer anyway, regardless of whether I intended to follow its rules!)

- Marty
      http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Aaaaah, the smell of fiberglass fumes in the morning

We need to craft a no-Craigslist clause for this agreement to have any teeth...

Who are we kidding?

My name is Greg, I'm addicted, you are all enablers, and I may need a place to crash if anything else follows me home..

Comment

Lets ponder this another way.

Ok, so Collecting old Classics tend to be a problem with some folks.

Lets look at some of the Benefits of this.

With me..
          No taking 4 and 5 weeks to go to Bike week in Sturgis South Dakota every year. ( the trip can be done in 3 days and not riding hard )

No drinking and chasing around in bars.

No bar fights and going to jail. ( Man, glad that part of my life is over )

No more spending Tons of money that I will Never recover from building hot rods.

Old classics are Safer, Better constructed and do Not depreciate any farther than when I found them. In fact, they Appreciate in value.

Its a Family affair as we All can join in the fun (by the way, grab a hunk of sand paper and get over here, I need your help)

We get to meet nice people with the same interests and there is NO judging of the boats, No trailer Queens.

I don't spend money in Drugs (other than the Classic boat drugs)

And, the list can go On and On...

What benefits can you think of as we need to share these with the other half that don't seem to know the benefits??
          Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Marry me Joe, we could make beautiful boats together

Originally posted by Helmar, post: 2742

What benefits can you think of as we need to share these with the other half that don't seem to know the benefits??
            All of your points hold water with me, have been trying similar ideas for years with less than ideal results. Moderation seems to be the kicker, my wife collects small (read:easily moved) goodies, our projects tend toward large, time intensive, stinky and hard to explain to the neighbors or extended family.

Guess that our partners are there to keep us honest...mowing the lawn before working on the projects seems to calm the waters a bit.

Keep the ideas coming guys,

Comment

New users ??

I would have thought we would have more comments on this but OK..

New users, Please, Introduce yourselves to the group.
              Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Joe, #4 is a big problem for me also..Already Sheila is starting to ask me what are you going to do when you are down to just the Rosario after i sell off everything ( 6 less 2 sold 2 more to go. When that happens i will give her that " OMG ! what am i going to do " look, since i don't have any more projects. Wait a week and then tell her about this cool project on "maybe " another Skagit.Wait another week and then ask her if she thinks i should "maybe " look into that Skagit "X" idea. BINGO ! She does like Skagits. Chuck
                Attached Files
                1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Ah yes, good one Chuck.
                  A Fox in the boat house
                  Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Originally posted by Helmar, post: 2831
                    I would have thought we would have more comments on this but OK...

Well, unlike the rest who reponded I am NOT an addict. I prefer to think of myself as an avid collector,yeah that's the ticket. I only buy boats to be social and meet very nice people,yeah, yeah that's it. And to help out the poor addicted boat owners who are trying to kick the habit, you know who you are. I would be glad to host a No More Boats support group to help relieve the guilt. I am not addicted,I am not addcted,I'm not. Sorry I must cut this short,craigs list is beckoning me.
                    1958 Skagit 20 Offshore hardtop cruiser "Kanigo"

Comment

you forgot,

if I can not kick the habit, I will just remain a drug dealer... I will do everything in my power to get others addicted as bad as me. In the hopes that over time it would be considered normal (as everyone will be addicted to the classic boats).

Comment

And another one...

When the neighbors ask "Just what do you plan to DO with all those boats?", I promise I will not sneer and reply:

Just wait until the flood comes- then we'll see who has the last laugh!!!

The Cap'n
                        "The beatings will continue until moral improves..."

Pat Drewery

Comment

Working...
                        X