X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom and Kathy New

Tom and Kathy New Have 59 Skagit Need help

Hi all
    We live in Kelseyville Ca. We moved here in 1998. My husband transfered from the police dept in Vacaville, Ca to the PD in Clearlake, Ca. He has always loved this area and when I saw it I did to. He is set to retire in 10 months.

We have a 59 Skagit that needs a new windshield. I bought this boat from my Dad in 1997 by the skin of my teeth. My wicked step mother wanted to sell it to a junk yard. She did not want me to have anything that belonged to him. He said we could buy it but she didnt know about it. So one day we slipped over to his house while she was gone, gave him $500.00, hooked it on to our truck and left. She had no idea the worth of it not to mention the sentimentle value, also all the weedends on Shasta Lake that us 3 girls and my Dad spent on it, so the money thrilled her endlessley. She was till peeved that I got it though. My dad died in 2002 at the age of 91 and this all I have from him. But it needs work and we want to start with the windshield. Any help would be great.

Tom and Kathy Clements

Ah, nothing like the wicked stepmother. I have a 57 Skagit Express Cruiser that I recently bought from a member. Seems there are lots of Skagits out there that need windshields. If you don't have to have the original, you might see if Marty at this site can find a glass one like on the Rosario. It is cooler than the original. Made of glass is two pieces. Don't know if he has any more around his shop or a source. Also, there are others who, I believe, are working at getting reproduction windshields made. I might suggest you join the club as there are lots of members with lots of know how and some are even in Northern California.
    Attached Files
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Tom and Kathy , Check out the sister site below. They to have some Skagit's and should be able to give you some more information in your area. Nice people ! Do you have some pictures ? That would help. Best,Chuck

http://www.goldenstateglassics.com/
      1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
      1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Your Skagit...

Tom and Kathy -

Welcome to the message board, and thanks for sharing the story of how you just barely were able to get your Dad's old Skagit.

Someone here might be able to help with your windshield, but we'll need to know the exact model you've got--runabout, express cruiser, length, etc. As Chuck said, the best way to get everybody's attention is to post photos of the boat.

I assume you do most of your boating on Clear Lake, which is obviously a major boating lake in your part of the world. Doesn't ACBS (Antique & Classic Boat Society) have an annual classic-baot show on the lake?

- Marty
        http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Thanks alot
          Kathy

Comment

Hi Marty
            I just measured it and it is 14 feet. I am not sure of the model. It has an Indian head with Skagit under that and below that in silver it says La Connor, Wash. Everything is original including the trailer. It is white with red trim. Thanks for the info. I will check out the golden state classics website that Marty mentioned and yes they have a boat show every summer. I will post a picture in a few days.
            Thanks everyone

Kathy

Comment

Working...
            X