vintage cleats

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vintage cleats

I'm trying to find replacement cleats for my old Harvey. I would like to get the vintage style (like perko's torpedo style) with the fins on the rear of the stem. Anyone got any ideas?
    Attached Files

That style was pretty widely used, keep an eye on ebay as they come up occasionally. Better watch close, though, if you're going to beat me to them!

Comment

I have a set

I have a set of those that I had stripped of all the chrome then changed my mind on using them. I will post pictures later tonight when I get access to my pictures. Shhhhhh! I'm at work ! :email1:
      Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Will these work

Originally posted by darmandude, post: 11946
        I'm trying to find replacement cleats for my old Harvey. I would like to get the vintage style (like perko's torpedo style) with the fins on the rear of the stem. Anyone got any ideas?
        These are the same style. I was going to have them chromed and had the shop strip them but decided to go with a different style. They are in good shape with no pits but they will have to be plated. The big one is 5" long and the two smaller ones are 3 1/2" I'll send them to you for $15.00 + $5.00 shipping
        Attached Files
        Rick & Sarah

Comment

Hey Bham-rick, I'm interested in those cleats, but can you do a bit better on the $$?
          I've priced the plating on these and it's going to be about $90 to $150. OUCH!

Comment

I can do better on the Chrome

You will pay $90.00 to $150 to have them chromed and you need me to come down on my price ? I'll save them for the next project . Thanks anyway
            Rick & Sarah

Comment

Sorry, didn't want to sound cheap. I'll take those at $20. How do I PM my info to you?
              Or maybe you can PM me.

Comment

That's O'k

I decided I didn't want to stand in line at the Post Office ,
                Rick & Sarah

Comment

Ok..................whatever...................... ............

Comment

Chrome Plating

I don't know where you got the quote for plating, but I don't think Specialty Plating in North Vancouver would (normally) charge that much for a few cleats. If you haven't been in touch with them, you might get their contact information from NWCBC's Restoration Resources list. (See Home Page.)

- Marty
                    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

I have a set

I found a set in a pile of old stuff here 2 med. size 1 large with chocks...

Comment

Hello there, got any pic's of the cleats? What size are they.

Comment

Thanks everyone, I've got my cleats. they are Perko and resemble what I had, and the price was good.

Comment

Cleats

I have 3. the two small ones are 5" and the large one 6.5"
                            Attached Files

Comment

sold

soldebay...

Comment

Working...
                              X