• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow!

Nice touch, I like the woodwork!

Comment

Finish line finally !

Took the boat out Sunday with Melanie & Mary for some Sea trials and shake down cruise. Everything ran great with no issues. Melanie had some fuel issues but ran good and no tow ropes were used ! Sure is nice at the end of a project and the boat is ready to go !Makes it all worth while :GoTeam1:
      Attached Files
      Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Originally posted by bham-rick, post: 17499
        Took the boat out Sunday with Melanie & Mary for some Sea trials and shake down cruise. Everything ran great with no issues. Melanie had some fuel issues but ran good and no tow ropes were used ! Sure is nice at the end of a project and the boat is ready to go !Makes it all worth while :GoTeam1:
        Congrats on a job well done, boat looks purdy darn good in the water!!!

Sorry we didn't meet you out on the water, went out on Whatcom Saturday evening and discovered another water leak and now an intermitent starter issue. Spent Sunday fixing the boat (we have a week long river trip planned for mid June so I have to get all these little quirks worked out now). I will likely be running a shakedown (on whatcom) one evening this week as long as the weather holds out. (always enjoy company if anyone with a 4-stroke is available for some evening cruising :TakePicture1
        Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
        1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Both boats look great, looks a nice day to be on the water! I'm jealous, I spen the day working on our kitchen. Not nearly as much fun ...

Comment

Hey Rick got your email, and saw this on your video on You Tube. I have the ice box and sent the dims to you if it will work for you let me know. I will email pics ASAP. The San Juan looks great!!!

Comment

Masking Liquid ?

Saw this posted on Fiberglassics awhile back and sent for a bottle . Works really well for masking off the small stuff like scripts . I wanted to re-do the Trim rail on the Dorsett but the only way to remove the "San Juan " script was to remove the rail itself and that has to come off from the inside . Lots of work and one of those deals that once you get it off - how well will it go back on. This is a liquid that you paint over the script them wait for it to dry. When it dries you trim around the edge of the letters and peel off the excess. When you have the excess peeled off take a fine brush and paint another good coat just over the letters . When that dries go ahead and paint. Let that get good and dry then do the exacto around the edge again and it peels right off . Worked really well and alot easier than trying to mask it off.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Dle-Engines-3000-Liquid-Masking/dp/B000X4MV4Q/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF"]3000 Liquid Masking Film 4 oz: Amazon.com: Toys & Games[/ame]
              Attached Files
              Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Working...
              X