Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allan and Sue's Farallon

Allan and Sue Martin of Olympia have taken delivery of their restored
    21' Dorsett Farallon, which was completed in two separate phases. Last year we rebuilt the interior and cockpit area, and more recently we buffed out the original gelcoat, built a new helm windshield, repainted the off-white side accent stripes, replaced a lot of corroded deck hardware, and generally spiffed things up on the outside of the boat.

We're hoping they'll show off their shiny classic at the Blake Island event, Saturday, June 11.

If you haven't met Allan and Sue, they're great folks--sort of like everyone else in this club!

The first photo, below, shows Sue inspecting the Farallon after they pulled the cover off in Olympia. Other images were taken after interior work was completed...and before we started work on the outside of the hull.

Incidentally, while it's not shown in the photos, Allan and Sue had a really well-designed and constructed cover made for the boat--exceptionally nice, and definitely one you could keep in place at freeway speeds. They passed along contact information for the upholstery/canvas shop this morning:

Richard's Upholstery
    30 South Bay Road NE
    Suite A
    Olympia 98506
    (360) 786-1866

(Tell Richard he was recommended by Allan Martin...)

- Marty
    Attached Files
    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

WOW! You and your crew do great work!!
    Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
    1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Marty, Very nice work you guys did. Allen & Sue should be very proud of the Farallon. It looks like they are. Hope to see them at Blake. Best,Chuck
      1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
      1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Beautiful Boat !

Originally posted by Marty Loken (Norseboater), post: 17536
        Allan and Sue Martin of Olympia have taken delivery of their restored
        21' Dorsett Farallon, which was completed in two separate phases. Last year we rebuilt the interior and cockpit area, and more recently we buffed out the original gelcoat, built a new helm windshield, repainted the off-white side accent stripes, replaced a lot of corroded deck hardware, and generally spiffed things up on the outside of the boat.

We're hoping they'll show off their shiny classic at the Blake Island event, Saturday, June 11.

If you haven't met Allan and Sue, they're great folks--sort of like everyone else in this club!

The first photo, below, shows Sue inspecting the Farallon after they pulled the cover off in Olympia. Other images were taken after interior work was completed...and before we started work on the outside of the hull.

Incidentally, while it's not shown in the photos, Allan and Sue had a really well-designed and constructed cover made for the boat--exceptionally nice, and definitely one you could keep in place at freeway speeds. They passed along contact information for the upholstery/canvas shop this morning:

Richard's Upholstery
        30 South Bay Road NE
        Suite A
        Olympia 98506
        (360) 786-1866

(Tell Richard he was recommended by Allan Martin...)

- Marty
        Great job and beautiful woodwork ! It's amazing the room in a Farallon almost enough room to live in. If that were my boat I would have to live in it ! Great job to everyone involved and I hope to make it to Blake to get some pictures.
        It would be nice to get a shot of the mighty Farallon next to my tiny San Juan !! :cool1:
        Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

What Year is the Farallon ?

Allan & Sue : What year is your boat ? Do you have a photo album on N.W.C.B.C. ?
          Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Looks like another beautiful job Marty. I hope Allan and Sue can make the Blake Island trip, I'd love to get a first hand look at their boat.

The only other one I've seen was Chuck's, and I never got to get a look inside because I didn't have little booties to put over my shoes ... VeryBigSmile

Tim

Comment

The Farallon

Rick -

Allan apparently hasn't checked the forum in recent days, so I'll answer the question: I'm pretty sure it's a 1958 model.

What I didn't show in the posted photos were the beautiful red cushions Allan and Sue had made for the cabin interior and rear-corner seats in the cockpit, together with the custom-fit carpeting. Those really finish things off, and go well with the mahogany.

(Yes, Tim, I really hope they make Blake Island, too. I know they want to--probably launching in Port Orchard--so it's just a matter of whether they have a schedule conflict.)

- Marty
              http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Tim, Little booties ? I have a box of them. I even carry a portable vacuum for the cockpit rug. Would i kidd you ? Ask GregL. Gotta keep all of that sand and crap off of the rug. When in the shelter i even put down a old double bed sheet over the rug and couple of old car covers over the boat. Chuck
                Attached Files
                1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Originally posted by chuckcarey, post: 17576
                  Tim, Little booties ? I have a box of them. I even carry a portable vacuum for the cockpit rug. Would i kidd you ? Ask GregL. Gotta keep all of that sand and crap off of the rug. When in the shelter i even put down a old double bed sheet over the rug and couple of old car covers over the boat. Chuck
                  Well, geee ... if I had known you had booties then I would have come aboard!

Comment

Working...
                  X