No announcement yet.

1968 bryant wood hull fiberglass top.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice find Mike, your Bryant runabout will bring back fond memories for everyone that catches a glimpse as you speed by in style.:boater1:

Ironically, just yesterday Tim McCrain and I went to look at a nice 1959 Bryant 20' like Trapper's- to purchase with the intent of getting on the Sound in time for the End to End Sound Run at the end of the month. Discretion kept my hitch empty, but it was very tempting.

Comment

thanks SLO - MO

its been a great project! hoping to get in the water soon!

Comment

Originally posted by slo-mo, post: 12797
        Nice find Mike, your Bryant runabout will bring back fond memories for everyone that catches a glimpse as you speed by in style.:boater1:

Ironically, just yesterday Tim McCrain and I went to look at a nice 1959 Bryant 20' like Trapper's- to purchase with the intent of getting on the Sound in time for the End to End Sound Run at the end of the month. Discretion kept my hitch empty, but it was very tempting.
        Yeah, are we going to park that at your place or mine? I think I have more working room here, and my shop is more available ... :BigHappy1:

Comment

water ready?

I'm not sure about that Tim, my wife would be really disappointed that it wasn't parked on our property with the others...

Alright Fine, you talked me into it!

Comment

Sorry, Cindy wants it parked here. Tell ya what, I'll pick ya up at 8:00 am tomorrow, assuming you can get up that early, and we'll go down and get it. If you're nice I'll stop and buy you some coffee.

Hey, did we hijack this thread? You should apologize.

Comment

You my friend are a power hungry ****** bag! I'll have you know that I only drink mint tea, in a Northwest Classic Boat Club mug-available here for one easy installment of $15.95.www.zazzle.com/nw_classic_boat_club

Can't wait to see more about Mike's Bryant runabout and Trapper's progress on his '62

Greg "DB Cooper" Lamb

P.S. If we both own the boat, who gets to put it on their Signature?? I'm almost out of room...:Shocked:

Comment

Originally posted by slo-mo, post: 12805
                You my friend are a power hungry doosh(sic) bag! I'll have you know that I only drink mint tea, in a Northwest Classic Boat Club mug-available here for one easy installment of $15.95.

Can't wait to see more about Mike's Bryant runabout and Trapper's progress on his '62

Greg "DB Cooper" Lamb

P.S. If we both own the boat, who gets to put it on their Signature?? I'm almost out of room...:Shocked:
                First, it's power mad,

Second, I know you only drink tea, between that and the "nice" requirement, I figured I wouldn't be spending any money, and

Third, who said we'd both own it? I just said you could pay half!

Comment

Sounds like I need to watch this posting to see how the project BRYANT boat you "BOTH" have is going! I hope you show some pics as soon as possible..

Comment

Originally posted by mthuirer, post: 12831
                    Sounds like I need to watch this posting to see how the project BRYANT boat you "BOTH" have is going! I hope you show some pics as soon as possible..
                    Mike,
                    As penance for hijacking your thread, later this evening I'll post some photos so you can gloat over how much nicer yours is! We're taking the "rat rod" approach with this one. You know, "it's not ugly, it's a surviver!" "Refinish? and lose the patina?" "The flaws are what gives it character!"

:BigHappy1:

Comment

Wow ...

Mike,
                      Here are some photos of Greg and I's new project (like we really needed another one Screwy1)

I didn't realize how much like yours it is until I looked at your photos again just now. The interior layout is different, but the exterior is almost identical. Kinda funny that two of them come out of the woodwork at the same time.

Ours has had the entire bottom glassed with System 3, and prior to painting the interior framing and hull surface the prior owner applied two coats of epoxy to encapsulate the wood. Actually looks really good, solid and no apparent rot. The gel coat looks as if it will buff out pretty good and the brightwork isn't too bright, but serviceable. Included with the purchase was a 9.9 hp Merc kicker on a nice bracket, and complete walk-around canvas that covers from the upper windshield to the splashwell.

I was going to include photos of the interior and framing, but it's too darn hot and I'm not going out there and climbing in. Besides, it's piled with cushions, canvas, boxes of extra "boat stuff", etc. Too hot to move all that. I'll post some more photos after introducing the Bryant to Mr. pressure washer.

We got a good laugh out of the deck hatch, after noticing that it bears a striking resemblance to an old pit toilet lid.
                      Attached Files

Comment

partners in crime...

Hey Tim, I think the heat got to you- Mike has the cool runabout, Trapper aka: (Flypaper) is the nut that drug home nearly same boat (1962 Bryant) as ours, but hasn't posted for a long time. We hijacked a thread that is almost a year old, after Mike posted pics of his project.

Glad the toilet on the bow has a safety rail, where's the TP holder?

Comment

Originally posted by slo-mo, post: 12858
                          Hey Tim, I think the heat got to you- Mike has the cool runabout, Trapper aka: (Flypaper) is the nut that drug home nearly same boat (1962 Bryant) as ours, but hasn't posted for a long time. We hijacked a thread that is almost a year old, after Mike posted pics of his project.

Glad the toilet on the bow has a safety rail, where's the TP holder?
                          You mean we hijacked a year old thread? That's lame!

For the TP, you just unbolt one end of the rail, slide the rolls on there and you're all set. It oughtta hold an entire Costco package.

Comment

Hi-jacked

No you guys are fine. I am just happy to see im not the only crazy afflicted person to drag home a Bryant.

I have been doing alot more demo and finishing of individual parts. Progress is slow and I have been lazy about posting pictures.

Its good to see im not alone with the Bryant!

Comment

I didn't mean to jump thread.. I was just glad to see more Bryants myself. I have been doing alot of web searching and there is not many of these around. Sorry if I did bad.. I cant wait to see how the boats clean up!

:cool1:

Comment

Originally posted by mthuirer, post: 12903
                                I didn't mean to jump thread.. I was just glad to see more Bryants myself. I have been doing alot of web searching and there is not many of these around. Sorry if I did bad.. I cant wait to see how the boats clean up!

:cool1:
                                No worries, no bad!

Comment

Working...
                                X