No announcement yet.

1968 bryant wood hull fiberglass top.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm the king of thread hijacking, all of you Bryant guys need to keep this thread going with pics and updates on your progress.

Comment

Ok. Then here is a an update on my project. I attempted to run the motor and she started up fine. The problem is cooling system and leaking around the carb. She is not peeing out the indicator exhaust port. I may not be submerging her far enough. I thought I was. . I changed the impeller few weeks ago. Maybe something I did there. So I will take another look when I get time.. Last night I worked on the carb. Rebuilt kit.. Little nervous on that one also. I have not tried to fire her over yet. Im still working on replacing some fuel lines. Ran out of time last night. Wish me luck! I am not a mechanic.. thats for sure..

MT

Comment

Update

Well like I said, I have been slowly taking the rot and damaged pieces out of the boat. Consequently I have discovered some nicked and corroded wiring. So on top of it all I will be rewiring before I put it all back together again.
        Attached Files

Comment

update

I also took the old head liner down. It was pretty ratty. I think I am going to just clean up the base and paint it for now and then get it upholstered later on.
          Attached Files

Comment

Keep chipping away at your to do list Trapper, wiring doesn't look too bad for a 50 year old boat. Did you ever figure out the year? Your ID plate #'s seem to point to 1962?

Mike, if you would like some help with your motor, post model/year and some pictures. Hope to see you and your ride at an event soon.

Comment

Originally posted by flypaper2323, post: 13004
              Well like I said, I have been slowly taking the rot and damaged pieces out of the boat. Consequently I have discovered some nicked and corroded wiring. So on top of it all I will be rewiring before I put it all back together again.
              Someone did a nice job but with the wrong wire, and that is what happens when you do.
              Once it goes green, you start loosing connectivity.
              I see way too much of jobs like that and its sad.
              Helmar Joe Johanesen
              1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
              1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
              Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
              2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
              http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Bryant boats

I remember seeing these Bryant boats at Cap Santa Marina (called it Bryant's Marina then) in Anacortes in my youth (1950's) Were they built there or just sold throught Bryants Marina? I had the idea they built the fiberglass tops there. Cool boats!

Tim
                Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Bryant Boats

I think most of the Bryant-brand runabouts and small cruisers were built by the Morris Brothers of Marysville and/or Everett. The brothers earlier had built Morris-brand boats, but Jerry Bryant commissioned them to produce Bryant boats at about the time Bryants Marina was the largest Chris-Craft cruiser dealer in the world.

- Marty
                  http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

'59 Bryant on Lake Washington

Old unrestored Bryants still get the looks at the launch, felt like 1959 all over again. The girls and I had a nice 3 hour tour, and didn't shear the dock pilings upon return like the Kalakala was famous for doing!

Comment

GregL, No way !

Greg, Is that really your new boat? You should have had your daughter take a picture of you with it so we really knew for sure. Nice picture of your mutt.I really like those dogs ! Chuck
                      1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                      1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

something hath frozen over...

Originally posted by chuckcarey, post: 13336
                        Greg, Is that really your new boat? You should have had your daughter take a picture of you with it so we really knew for sure. Nice picture of your mutt.I really like those dogs ! Chuck
                        Yes Chuck, believe it or not, it is our get on the water NOW boat. While it isn't too pretty or very fast, it does float and looks sweet from 100'.

In fact, the mystery woman/co-Captain in the photo; is my squeeze Holly-not my daughter that you met a few weeks ago. Our border collie "Coulee", had a great time playing deckhand and warning us of rogue waves and errant trout. She can't wait for the next adventure with the NWCBC.

Comment

Nice Photo Shop work Greg.
                          Steve Kiesel
                          1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by slo-mo, post: 13338
                            Yes Chuck, believe it or not, it is our get on the water NOW boat. While it isn't too pretty or very fast, it does float and looks sweet from 100'.

In fact, the mystery woman/co-Captain in the photo; is my squeeze Holly-not my daughter that you met a few weeks ago. Our border collie "Coulee", had a great time playing deckhand and warning us of rogue waves and errant trout. She can't wait for the next adventure with the NWCBC.

Greg.......Looks like we are going to have to show up at Mason.......
                            Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Damn right Joe! I promise to bring the Glastron to Mason if you show up.

Steve I wouldn't have wasted my time photoshopping such a lame picture of myself. It would've been more like this...

Comment

Originally posted by slo-mo, post: 13361
                                Damn right Joe! I promise to bring the Glastron to Mason if you show up.

Steve I wouldn't have wasted my time photoshopping such a lame picture of myself. It would've been more like this...
                                Ok, I am there Dude...I will be dragging my Skimaster and bearcat.
                                Got to make at least one event, geeze man....:angry2:
                                Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Working...
                                X