Bell Boy 21 Express, Eastern WA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bell Boy 21 Express, Eastern WA

Sorry I don't have photos or details, but a few days ago we were driving back from the Palouse wheatfields with another project boat in tow when I spotted a vintage Bell Boy 21 Express moldering away in a backyard in Washtucna, just off of Highway 26. (If you follow Highway 26 west from LaCrosse, or east from Othello, turn south off of Hwy. 26 and drive through Washtucna. When you get fairly close to the south end of town, keep looking toward the right (west) side of the main street. About a block up a gentle side hill you'll see the Bell Boy parked next to an old house. While I didn't see anything like a For Sale sign, the boat had that familiar "going-nowhere-buy-me-now" appearance.

It's conceivable it was a Bell Boy 18 Express, but I'd bet a few bucks on the more rare 21-footer.

Happy Hunting!

- Marty
    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Good Eye Ole.
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Looked it up on google maps. Hard to tell from the resolution, but I think I see your boat next to a long building. No idea if it is a 18 or 21.
      However, looking at bing maps, the boat isn't in their satellite image. Must have been a recent acquisition.

And, Marty. It is your sworn duty to take pictures of rare boats when you are out and post them here.
      John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
      Past Affairs:
      '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Working...
      X