Wanted: Yard Art

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: Yard Art

A friend is looking for a small dinghy, maybe 8-10 feet max, to use as yard art...so the basic idea is to find something that's derelict and free. Could be wood or fiberglass, as long as it "looks like a traditionally-shaped boat." (In other words, no Livingstons, please.)

If you have any candidates, please e-mail Marty@islandboatshop.com

Thanks,

Marty
    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Trader Charlie deal of the day !

Marty, Trader Charlie here, Your friend will be staying up nights looking out the window at his "traditionally-shaped" boat as you called it ! It a Skagit as you know and it's only a little longer than 10'. FREE ! And i have the title on both the boat and the Ditty tilt trailer. Just look at that hardware on the deck...like new ! Motor has a crack in the lower unit....NO BIG DEAL. My 81 year old neighbor ( what a trooper she is and i hope she hangs around for a while longer...if you know what i mean ? ) even cleared all of the berrybushes away from the boat. Here's the best part...it still has the original running numbers (WN 555 F from 1960 and you don't see that to offend anymore and along with that it has the Portland, Oregon ( BOB SMITH ) dealer name plate on the dash as well. Give it a bath and it would be worth a $1000.00 ! And yes it has a warranty which is.....30 feet or 30 seconds whichever comes first.....WHAT A DEAL. Just a ferry ride away ! FREE ! FREE !
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Here's the deal Trader Charlie. I'll come give it a bath and we'll split the $1k you sell it for. We'll both be $500 richer!
      There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

"O" Sure !

Comment

What a wonderful wife!

My wonderful wife, Jody, was the "friend" that Marty was posting this for. She had the cool idea to find an old boat, rip it down the center line and then hang it on the front of my boat "shop" as a piece of art.
          My buddy Dave from Everett stopped by Chuck's, picked up the boat and delivered it this morning as a 25th anniversery present.

Great idea, but I can't do it. We washed the boat and it is just too cool to cut up.

I now have Jody's blessing to make this my next project. I'm still smiling!

Thanks to Marty, Chuck and Jody for making it possible.

Karl
          Attached Files
          17' Johnson Runabout (1964) Completed
          18' GlassCraft Imperial (1959) Done!
          19' Campion Bowrider (1999) Great family ski/tow boat
          25' Skagit (1960) Two of them. What am I thinking?
          14' Axtell Aquacraft (1950ish)
          14' Stilleto

Comment

Karl, What a wife you have. I made a phone call today to set up having another boat deliver to me to go behind the fence ( someday i might work on it or maybe not ) so my neighbor will not get too use to not seeing anything of mine back there. Chuck

Comment

Working...
            X