Dorsett, G-3 For Sale

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dorsett, G-3 For Sale

We received word a few days ago that a friend and longtime vintage boat-and-motor collector, Richard Young, died last month at his home on Camano Island following a battle with cancer. Our sympathies go out to Richard's widow, Fatima Mulholland, and the rest of the Young family.

Richard had a pretty large collection of vintage outboard motors, which will be for sale next Spring, with help from our mutual friend Denny Johnson, a member of the Antique Outboard Motor Club. (We'll post details here when they become available.)

But, between now and mid-November, Fatima would like to sell two of Richard's classic-glass boats: 1) A Glasspar G-3 center-deck model with 1957 Mercury Mark 75 outboard and trailer, and 2) A 16' Dorsett Catalina with Mercury 85hp outboard and trailer. Both are in running condition, but at the moment that's all we know about their exact condition.

Offers will be accepted over the next two weeks. The only available photos are posted here. If you'd like to make an offer or get more information, please email me at Norseboater22@gmail.com and I'll either pass along your best offer or put you in touch with Fatima. (Right now I'm reluctant to publish her direct contact information because she's not eager to be overrun with questions she may not be able to answer about the two boats. But if you're a serious potential buyer, I'll put you in touch with her...)

Thanks,

Marty Loken
    Attached Files
    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Thursday, 9:30 a.m.

CLARIFICATION - One of Richard Young's sons, who is Back East, is potentially interested in one of the two boats....so we won't know for for a few days if both boats, or only one of them, are potentially available. Sorry about the confusion...but if any NWCBC members are interested in either boat, please get in touch and I'll keep you updated as Fatima waits to hear back from the son. (It's entirely possible that the cost of shipping to the East Coast will play a big factor in the family's decision...)

- Marty
    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Am VERY interested in the G-3
      I live in Bothell Wa.

What are you asking for this boat?

Russ 425-220-4356

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
        Am VERY interested in the G-3
        I live in Bothell Wa.

What are you asking for this boat?

Russ 425-220-4356
        That was a old post Russ so I am thinking that one is gone.

We will help you look for a G-3....I remember Dr Frankinmerc had one but I am thinking he might know of possible others..

Anyone else know of any G-3's ready to run ?
        Helmar Joe Johanesen
        1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
        1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
        Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
        2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
        http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Hey Russ.

Thom Adams (Dr Frankinmerc) has a couple of them, one ready to go and one that needs repairs.
          I just asked him if I can share his email address for you.
          Will keep you posted....
          Helmar Joe Johanesen
          1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
          1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
          Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
          2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
          http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Working...
          X