Jet engine!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet engine!

So we just bought a 1961 Dorsett Catalina. We are planning to put a modern 4 stroke 3-4 seater jet ski engine and pump. Approx 110 hp

I've been seeing this a lot more lately. Interesting concept. Watching closely...

Comment

We are still looking for a jet ski.

Comment

This sounds interesting to me too. Salt water with zinc's ?. Is Friday Harbor still Hot....Last year I heard zinc's were not lasting very long..
        Helmar Joe Johanesen
        1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
        1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
        Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
        2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
        http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

My Catalina has a big crack in the bottom from pounding it had a 90 on it. Lowell cracked his and had it leaking with a 70. You might consider coring the bottom if you're going to work it hard. I did the impact area of the uniflite I wish I had done more. You might look op the prices of parts you think you'll have to replace at some point, on the jet ski part. Doing that stopped me from buying a basket case etek and a Mitsubishi powered Ranger.

Comment

We are not planning on leaving the boat in the water, but on a float. The top is sanded with the bottom. Both pretty much ready for paint. still looking for a jetski

Comment

We found a Yamaha fx 140hp jet ski. We only tried it out twice, my son Mitch got it to go 55mph. The ski weighs 800 pounds. We have been working long hours this xmas break, to day is the float test to set the swim platform angle. We hope to weigh the boat and trailer at a local gravel pit. Now we can finish up all the fiberglass work and paint.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared Payne View Post
                We found a Yamaha fx 140hp jet ski. We only tried it out twice, my son Mitch got it to go 55mph. The ski weighs 800 pounds. We have been working long hours this xmas break, to day is the float test to set the swim platform angle. We hope to weigh the boat and trailer at a local gravel pit. Now we can finish up all the fiberglass work and paint.
                Progress pictures Hope you have some to share
                Helmar Joe Johanesen
                1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Working...
                X