Need gas conector

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need gas conector

I need the gas conector from the tank to the motor. Got a Bear Cat 55 1965 if I remember right.
    Thanks
    Mike aka pathfinderz1
    Red sails at night a sailors delight Red sails in the morn sailors be warned

Those are available at about any marine store. My local hardware store even carries a few.

Comment

Well I have found 2 differnt kinds. One the pin inside is just a little short and the other is about and 1/8 longer. The one with the long pin is the one I need. I can't find the one with the longer pin. Both of them look just alike till you look at the pin. The shorter one fits and will let some gas through but not enough to run WOT. Anyway I can't find the conector with the long pin.
      Mike aka pathfinderz1

Comment

I know what you mean. If yours is the same as mine was, that fitting looks like the Chrysler fitting but is just a little different. And to complicate it further, not all of the female fittings have the clearance chamfer on the end to clear the o-ring on the outside of the base of the male fitting. They'll work together but it really takes some effort to couple and uncouple them. Someone else probably knows the correct names for the different fittings.

I solved it with mine by replacing both fittings with new ones that match each other. Problem solved! :GoodJob:

Comment

I tought of that but was trying not to get into that. I have a fiting but it is one of mine and this in not my motor. As it is I converted the shift and gas so I can use a Simplex control box on it but I need a Johnson or Evinrude cable 16 feet long. It will work with the cable I have but not enough slack in the cable. This motor is on a G3 of my buddys. I made a jack plate so the long shaft would fit on a short shaft transom.
          It is almost ready to hit the water. Just a few minor things and it is done.
          Mike aka pathfinderz1

Comment

Working...
          X