Homelite Progress

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homelite Progress

I've been working on this one about a year. Call it an "Outboard Restomod" The goal was to make it look like the very earliest 1961, but with a few improvements from other years and some new tech thrown in.
    2 piece early hood with very early rear cover
    Later style pan and leg to utilize an A block with the extra mounting boss and better valves.
    "A" Block
    Bearcat Side covers and revised cooling and later style thermostat.
    Early Style rear crankshaft oil pan with "Homelite" embossing and oil fill
    Early style electrical panel and junction block
    Selenium rectifier and regulator replaced with Mosfet solid state unit
    Pertronix Ignitor and Pertronix High Output 12 volt coil
    Iridium Spark Plugs
    As many original nuts and bolts as I could find, cleaned and detailed.
    Early NOS Fuel Pump
    Rechromed majority of emblems, with new paint and detailing

IMG_5917.jpeg IMG_5915.jpeg IMG_5914.jpeg IMG_5373.jpeg IMG_5370.jpeg IMG_4795.jpeg
    IMG_5236.jpeg IMG_5237.jpeg IMG_5909.jpeg IMG_5215.jpeg imagejpeg_0.jpeg
    Attached Files

This is just Too cool and Thank you for sharing the photos.
    My Bearcat is still running points, needs paint, but it runs great. So, with that, lots of detailed questions, like the the electronic unit and model number for it.
    The paint you found and used.

Reason for asking is I am still working on the Bell Boy and my Bearcat is the power I am going to use..

Also, you noticed that we got the Forum working and upgraded.

The website is yet another animal. Its written in Jummla so its looking like I have to relearn it.

The site used to be a Event site.
    I am thinking the change should be a Restoration site first, then event site.
    What are your thoughts about, what would you like to see ??

Helmar
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Originally posted by Helmar View Post
      This is just Too cool and Thank you for sharing the photos.
      My Bearcat is still running points, needs paint, but it runs great. So, with that, lots of detailed questions, like the the electronic unit and model number for it.
      The paint you found and used.

Reason for asking is I am still working on the Bell Boy and my Bearcat is the power I am going to use..

Also, you noticed that we got the Forum working and upgraded.

The website is yet another animal. Its written in Jummla so its looking like I have to relearn it.

The site used to be a Event site.
      I am thinking the change should be a Restoration site first, then event site.
      What are your thoughts about, what would you like to see ??

Helmar
      The blue is Honda Highland Blue PB55M. The white is GM summit white. The engine off white is Dodge Stone White.
      I'll have to look up the Pertronix number next time I go out to my shop.

Yeah, I noticed not much was going on on this site. Restoration stuff is a good thing to have up. One can never have too many resources. I met two people in person as a result of the events in the past that I've stayed in touch with, but getting people together is tough. The other thing you're up against is Facebook Groups. There's a Bearcat/Homelite group that is medium active.

I'm currently trying to design an oil filter adapter, and I've got a low cost idea for water pump impellers. All it takes is time......

Comment

Originally posted by davriker View Post

The blue is Honda Highland Blue PB55M. The white is GM summit white. The engine off white is Dodge Stone White.
        I'll have to look up the Pertronix number next time I go out to my shop.

Yeah, I noticed not much was going on on this site. Restoration stuff is a good thing to have up. One can never have too many resources. I met two people in person as a result of the events in the past that I've stayed in touch with, but getting people together is tough. The other thing you're up against is Facebook Groups. There's a Bearcat/Homelite group that is medium active.

I'm currently trying to design an oil filter adapter, and I've got a low cost idea for water pump impellers. All it takes is time......
        Thanks for the colors
        You are right, the impellers were getting hard to find for sure.
        Helmar
        Helmar Joe Johanesen
        1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
        1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
        Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
        2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
        http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Working...
        X