need to find omc lower

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need to find omc lower

hey guys so the lower unit on the beachcraft is shot just curious if anyone might have one don't have much money right now but can work somethin out or know where to get one. i saw a couple ads on craigslist but havn't had any luck no responses thought i might try the club.also need a shift cable and shes for the most part ready for the water.
    thanks again ,
    ron
    Attached Files

unknown year 10ft hydro
    1984 bayliner capri 1975 merc 115

Ron;
    2 or 3 cylinder motor, what HP, model year, standard or elect shift?
    ChuckB 206-353-5031
    "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

hey chuck,
      the boat is a 78 4cyl 120 hp chev standard.i think something went wrong witht hte lower and itseized or somethin and caused the shift cable to break.
      ron

unknown year 10ft hydro

Comment

OMC model 400 or 800 sterndrive

That's an OMC model 400 or 800 sterndrive. As I recall, the 400 model was 4 cylinder engine and 800 for V-8's. The shifter in those were problematic.

There is a Fiberform sitting in my yard, not sure who owns it?....probably me!

It has a V-8 OMC electric shift sterndrive. I'll see who owns it if interested.
        I get to keep the trailer.....!

Tim
        Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

got the lower gearcase to spin but when i turn it by hand there is about a 1/4 to 1/2 turn play in the vertical shaft before it starts to spin the prop shaft is that normal or is there something wrong? i don't have the right tools to go any farther any ideas?
          ron

unknown year 10ft hydro

Comment

Ron,
            On the outboard versions ,they measure the Shaft slop with a micrometer.
            Too much slop will toasr the bearings and also lets the pinion gear move unless it is a loose spline.There is usually a Keeper nut below the pinion,and they use shims to dial it into spec.
            Best to keep it as an assy,with a used donor your best choice.
            I`m not an Inboard guy so I may be off base but am pretty sure any major slop over a few .001`s is out of spec.
            TimM
            unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
            15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
            SeaRay 175BR
            Hi-Laker lapline
            14` Trailorboat

Comment

Working...
            X