7 1/2 Fleetwin shift yoke

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 1/2 Fleetwin shift yoke

Set for launch next week and I need to fix the shifter yoke in the lower unit. Its a little chewed up but could be made to work. Just wanted to see if anybody knows what works.

I was thinking I could build up some welding rod on it and file it into shape. I think it was originally rounded to fit the collar.

Or, maybe somebody at the boat club knows where to get an after-market yoke?

Or just bend to work, because it is just a back up for now?
    Attached Files
    '59 Clippercraft, 35 hp Evinrude

Brian, here's a parts engine on CL:

evinrude 7.5 incomplete motor - $45 (gresham)
    Date: 2010-08-07, 10:33AM PDT
    Reply to: see below
    good compression. needs fuel coupler, pullstart mechanism and cowling.good for parts or restore it. could be a runner.503 757 6576

This is the same guy I bought the CD15 from, it started at $45 and I got it for $30.

Dick
    Dick Johnson
    1989 16ft Sylvan (Bought it New)
    '57 Evinrude 18hp
    '61 Johnson 5.5hp LS
    '72 Johnson 6hp
    '61 Homelite 55 Shortshaft
    '65 Homelite 55
    '68 Bearcat 55 (3)
    '70 Bearcat 55 (1)

Comment

Hey, that's got to be the same guy I bought the motor from. I been thinking maybe I should have got the parts motor too. I'll give him a call in the morning. Got mine going but I can use the spare parts.

So I wound up doing a lot of careful bending and some filing, and about 15 test fits later, I had it shifting and no binding. Then I put a carb kit in it, and it fired right up. Now it shifts solid and clean. Pushes the water around pretty good.

Next Tuesday or Wednesday I should be back on the water after about 30 years. Man, that's toooo long.
      Attached Files
      '59 Clippercraft, 35 hp Evinrude

Comment

If it's the same guy he seemed to deal in boats and motors, he was just off Powell Valley Rd. Great to see you have yours running, I think I'll have to kit my carb too. 30 yrs? When I was back in after 16yrs I had to ask myself why I waited so long, it was great to be back on the water!
        Dick Johnson
        1989 16ft Sylvan (Bought it New)
        '57 Evinrude 18hp
        '61 Johnson 5.5hp LS
        '72 Johnson 6hp
        '61 Homelite 55 Shortshaft
        '65 Homelite 55
        '68 Bearcat 55 (3)
        '70 Bearcat 55 (1)

Comment

I'm just wondering how the heck it got bend like that. I have never seen one like that in all the lower units I have taken apart I have a parts lower unit that had a good shift fork if you need it I could send for postage cost.
          Mike aka pathfinderz1
          Red sails at night a sailors delight Red sails in the morn sailors be warned

Comment

Working...
          X